Wifi repeater range extension. Amped AP300 (actually SR300).

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
SOUTHPAWMIKE
Newcomer

Re: Wifi repeater range extension. Amped AP300 (actually SR3

Postby SOUTHPAWMIKE » 16 May 2012, 03:04

I'm not sure either. When I tried to connect normally, the iPad would bring up a web page with the configuration wizard for the SR10000 when I tapped on the network to connect.

I have been turning on the drone before turning on the repeater.

Just to confirm, we have to connect to the network the repeater makes in order to use this mod, right?

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 16 May 2012, 03:18

SOUTHPAWMIKE wrote:I'm not sure either. When I tried to connect normally, the iPad would bring up a web page with the configuration wizard for the SR10000 when I tapped on the network to connect.

Just to confirm, we have to connect to the network the repeater makes in order to use this mod, right?

When you finally get this working, let us know how much better it turns out. I'm so close to getting an SR10000, but I'm not sure how better it actually is.

jarettp
Just flips over

Postby jarettp » 16 May 2012, 19:08

SOUTHPAWMIKE wrote:I'm not sure either. When I tried to connect normally, the iPad would bring up a web page with the configuration wizard for the SR10000 when I tapped on the network to connect.

Try resetting the repeater. I ran into an issue where I set it up and then it wouldn't let me get back in to edit or would it connect to the drone. A quick reset let me go back through the setup again and everything's been working fine. You set your repeater to connect to the drone and you then connect to the repeater through a "separate" wifi network. if that doesn't work, take some screenshots of your repeater configuration so we can look at it.
Prometheus Xex wrote:

When you finally get this working, let us know how much better it turns out. I'm so close to getting an SR10000, but I'm not sure how better it actually is.

The range is awesome man. Just buy it, trust me. It's important that you're able to power the repeater where you're going to be flying though. I used a lipo battery but a car adapter should work too.

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 16 May 2012, 23:42

jarettp wrote:The range is awesome man. Just buy it, trust me. It's important that you're able to power the repeater where you're going to be flying though. I used a lipo battery but a car adapter should work too.

I got impatient and bought it. Now I'm impatiently waiting for it and hope it will be in my hands this Friday. My goal is not massive height, but more on distance. The thing that scares me is you can't see the WIFI signal going down on the software since it's connected to the repeater. There's no indication that you'll be flying out of range. Correct me if my worries are for not.

wilder54
Ready for take off

Postby wilder54 » 16 May 2012, 23:58

I think the range will be long enough that you'll loose visual on it before the wifi drops ,1000 ft is a long way and flying just by looking at the screen is when accidents happen.

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 17 May 2012, 01:02

wilder54 wrote:I think the range will be long enough that you'll loose visual on it before the wifi drops ,1000 ft is a long way and flying just by looking at the screen is when accidents happen.

Are you talking distances like that without further mods to the drone itself?

USMCGecko
Strange wobble

Wifi repeater range extension. Amped AP300 (actually SR300).

Postby USMCGecko » 17 May 2012, 01:05

Yes. Check out page 1 of this thread. Very good stuff

jarettp
Just flips over

Postby jarettp » 17 May 2012, 01:16

wilder54 wrote:I think the range will be long enough that you'll loose visual on it before the wifi drops ,1000 ft is a long way and flying just by looking at the screen is when accidents happen.

This is true. I got far enough away where I couldnt see the drone on tree line anymore. Had to raise altitude to find it on the skyline instead.

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 17 May 2012, 01:17

I wonder if it be even better with that antenna mod I've read about. It's the pen booster with the antenna that looks like an egg beater on the back of the drone.

eballesq
Up and hovering

Postby eballesq » 17 May 2012, 19:40

I posted in the other thread as well, but I can't wait to get my SR10000, battery pack, car adapter, and start flying high! Thanks to everyone who provided such great information in here!

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 17 May 2012, 19:48

I'm waiting for my sr10000 to come, but UPS says its stuck at the boarder from lack of roper paperwork. CRAP. I was hoping to get it for the weekend!

SOUTHPAWMIKE
Newcomer

Postby SOUTHPAWMIKE » 17 May 2012, 21:25

SOUTHPAWMIKE wrote:I'm having no luck with this mod. I seem to be able to configure the repeater I'm using, but when I launch the Free Flight app when connected to the network broadcast by the repeater, the option to Pilot is grayed out, and I'm told it can't connect to the drone. The same thing seems to happen when I try to use the normal drone network, while the repeater is online.

I'm using a V2 drone, an iPad and an Amped Wirelss SR10000.

UPDATE: I've gotten it to work. I tried resetting everything as was suggested. However, before doing so, I connected to the drone normally, assessed it's settings and disabled the "pairing" option. Since doing this plus the reset wasn't a scientific method of testing, I have no way of knowing if disabling pairing was the missing variable. However, it now works, and if someone else (I don;t want to screw anything up now that it's working) wants to verify that, I'd be anxious to see.

Prometheus Xex
Ready for take off

Postby Prometheus Xex » 17 May 2012, 21:52

I'll bet pairing was the issue. The drone probably pairs itself ONLY to the mac address of the device it's paired with. Makes sense since the purpose of pairing is so no one else with drone software can hijack your drone.

wilder54
Ready for take off

Postby wilder54 » 17 May 2012, 22:40

Subject: Wifi repeater range extension. Amped AP300 (actually SR300).

SOUTHPAWMIKE wrote:
SOUTHPAWMIKE wrote:I'm having no luck with this mod. I seem to be able to configure the repeater I'm using, but when I launch the Free Flight app when connected to the network broadcast by the repeater, the option to Pilot is grayed out, and I'm told it can't connect to the drone. The same thing seems to happen when I try to use the normal drone network, while the repeater is online.

I'm using a V2 drone, an iPad and an Amped Wirelss SR10000.

UPDATE: I've gotten it to work. I tried resetting everything as was suggested. However, before doing so, I connected to the drone normally, assessed it's settings and disabled the "pairing" option. Since doing this plus the reset wasn't a scientific method of testing, I have no way of knowing if disabling pairing was the missing variable. However, it now works, and if someone else (I don;t want to screw anything up now that it's working) wants to verify that, I'd be anxious to see.

Glad you got it working. I never had to mess with pairing. Connection problems are rare with me, when i do have a problem its usually because i didnt turn on the drone 1st and wait for the green lights to appear under the drone. Sometimes i have to connect to the drone the original way first and do a quick fireing on then off of the props. then everything is green. then i can connect to the sr10000, but that dont happen very often.

eballesq
Up and hovering

Postby eballesq » 17 May 2012, 22:44

Prometheus Xex wrote:I'll bet pairing was the issue. The drone probably pairs itself ONLY to the mac address of the device it's paired with. Makes sense since the purpose of pairing is so no one else with drone software can hijack your drone.

This certainly makes sense to me; the Drone is connecting to two devices (repeater and iDevice).

Return to “Mods - Custom Peripherals”