High Density Batteries Topic

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
mewanttofly
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: The Batteries Topic

Post by mewanttofly » 03 Mar 2013, 21:49

Rich146 wrote:Hey guys . If you need new original 1000mah Drone 2 batteries then this is the cheapest I've found

http://www.creativegadgets.com/toys-gam ... ttery-p327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've bought a load of these
Sounds like a deal. Amazon sells them for $39.95 About 8 pounds more expensive here.

mewanttofly
Ready for take off

Post by mewanttofly » 03 Mar 2013, 21:55

ScubaSteve wrote:You asked for the most powerful battery without modification, thats pretty much it, you cannot have a powerful battery without weight gain.

The bastens battery is 1300mah so not the most powerful however it will be lighter
oK.
A flight test comparing the two batteries would be nice. Anyone has video link?. Apreciate it.

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 03 Mar 2013, 23:16

mewanttofly wrote:
Bacha wrote:http://www.i-drone.me/index.php?option= ... uct_id=177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

will fit in same slot and use drone charger
Thanks. Amazon has it for $49 . The only customer review said it taks 2.5 hr to charge and because is much heavier exceeding the limit of the drone's battery designed weight. Which is confusing since is a parrot product?
The reviewer suggested instead to get : Bastens 1300 mAh LiPo battery and charger upgrade for the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 & 1.0 - a high capacity alternative replacement battery with a fast charger - 15 to 20 minute flight time and roughly 40 min charge time Amazon sells it for $105.95

Any thoughts? Double the price. I wonder if anyone out there has the AR Drone 2.0 2000mAh Battery and can comment on its performance as advertized. THANKS!!
I can say for sure that most of that about the Parrot battery is untrue. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to charge on the stock charger. I have two that I use every day. It also only weighs 105 grams. It is hard to find a battery with the same capacity or larger than that weighs less than that, though there are a few, (the zippy compact 1300 and max amps 1300 to name a couple). But I think whoever posted that review was just trying to hype their product. Here is a list of compatible batteries and data compiled about them by fellow forum. members. It's very helpful.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... zdqOXV4SFE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck

mewanttofly
Ready for take off

Post by mewanttofly » 03 Mar 2013, 23:32

[quote="Nicholi2789Thanks. Amazon has it for $49 . The only customer review said it taks 2.5 hr to charge and because is much heavier exceeding the limit of the drone's battery designed weight. Which is confusing since is a parrot product?
The reviewer suggested instead to get : Bastens 1300 mAh LiPo battery and charger upgrade for the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 & 1.0 - a high capacity alternative replacement battery with a fast charger - 15 to 20 minute flight time and roughly 40 min charge time Amazon sells it for $105.95

Any thoughts? Double the price. I wonder if anyone out there has the AR Drone 2.0 2000mAh Battery and can comment on its performance as advertized. THANKS!![/quote]
I can say for sure that most of that about the Parrot battery is untrue. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to charge on the stock charger. I have two that I use every day. It also only weighs 105 grams. It is hard to find a battery with the same capacity or larger than that weighs less than that, though there are a few, (the zippy compact 1300 and max amps 1300 to name a couple). But I think whoever posted that review was just trying to hype their product. Here is a list of compatible batteries and data compiled about them by fellow forum. members. It's very helpful.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... zdqOXV4SFE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck[/quote]

Thanks. I noticed in the spreadsheet the run time for the stock battery for the parrot 2.0 is 11:17? I normally get 7.7 tp 8 min. before the emergency low battery acts forcing me to land. But it must be what is advertized. I wonder is anyone has tried the AR Drone 2.0 2000mAh Battery w/o mods. to test actual fly time.
Cool spreadsheet.

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 03 Mar 2013, 23:40

I've been gathering data on my flight times with my indoor hull on. I usually get around 10:15-10:30 with the stock battery and indoor hull on. Never less than 9 minutes. I get 13:20-13:30 consistently with my Nanotech 1300s and indoor hull. I haven't timed my flights will then outdoor hull but I can only imagine they would be better.

mewanttofly
Ready for take off

Post by mewanttofly » 04 Mar 2013, 01:09

Nicholi2789 wrote:I've been gathering data on my flight times with my indoor hull on. I usually get around 10:15-10:30 with the stock battery and indoor hull on. Never less than 9 minutes. I get 13:20-13:30 consistently with my Nanotech 1300s and indoor hull. I haven't timed my flights will then outdoor hull but I can only imagine they would be better.
Cool. I probably get less time since I fly outdoors with my indoor hull still ( still crawling)
I will stick to the stock battery for now. I could not understand the website by maker/seller of the 2000 mAh (Dronebattery.com )

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 04 Mar 2013, 01:18

mewanttofly wrote:Thanks. I noticed in the spreadsheet the run time for the stock battery for the parrot 2.0 is 11:17? I normally get 7.7 tp 8 min. before the emergency low battery acts forcing me to land. But it must be what is advertized. I wonder is anyone has tried the AR Drone 2.0 2000mAh Battery w/o mods. to test actual fly time.
Cool spreadsheet.
That 11:17 was with bearings. Which help extend flight time.
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 04 Mar 2013, 01:19

mewanttofly wrote:Cool. I probably get less time since I fly outdoors with my indoor hull still ( still crawling)
I will stick to the stock battery for now. I could not understand the website by maker/seller of the 2000 mAh (Dronebattery.com )
I have some plug and play 2000 mAh's arriving this week. I will be posting the results of my testing like I did with the 1500 mAh's.
www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

nullomorph
Ready for take off

Post by nullomorph » 11 Mar 2013, 09:48

A question about storage of the original Drone 2.0 packs (a few weeks between flights). I've got three original 1000mAh v2 batteries (with the original charger, of course), and recently I ordered some Turingy nanotech 1300 mAh packs and a balance charger (the SkyRC iMax B6AC+). I've read up on LiPos, and everyone says they should be stored with a given partial charge. The B6AC+ has a "Storage" program, and that's what I do to my Turingy's at the end of the day. But what about the original Parrot packs? The Parrot charger does not have a storage function, and charging them to 100%, and then running down to ~60% in the drone just isn't practical (and the battery telemetry isn't that accurate to begin with).
So I'm thinking about having the original parrot packs charged full with the parrot charger, and then connecting them to the B6AC+ and running the storage program to bring them down to the safe storage voltage. But that would have to be through the discharge plug, as the parrot v2 packs do not have a standard balancer lead. Is it safe, or should I simply store the parrot packs at 100%?

blackpitt
Newcomer

Post by blackpitt » 13 Mar 2013, 03:51

I am using turnigy nanotech 2500mah. Works great. Have not time my flight yet. I have attached velcro to the batteries and the outdoor hull and found out that there is a big issue when the drone crashes. Chances are high that the hull will get separated from the drone and cause the connecting wire to break. It actually happened to me :(

Any batteries which is of high capacity and still fit in the battery slot will be much sought after. Anyone can recommend? Why the batteries out there are all so long in shape?

dmxoneIuv
Ready for take off

Post by dmxoneIuv » 14 Mar 2013, 13:52

HackAbuse wrote:I would say with pretty good confidence that my 2800 gets well over 20 mins of flight. Closer to 30-35 id say. Most of my flying is done in freezing temps though, so everything stays nice n cool. To add fuel to the fire, I usually hot swap packs and put it right back into the air when the battery dies. I like to push the limits ;)

i'm trying to test out different batteries and want to see how a big one handles on my drone. can you give me a link to the one you have please? 20 minutes would be awesome.

Dan201
Just flips over

Post by Dan201 » 18 Mar 2013, 17:45

Ive got some bigger batteries here that fit into the stock battery holder but because they are taller the top hull doesn't fit over it.

If I push down it fits because the battery tray moves down. Has anyone lowered the battery tray? If so any pics or tutorials about?

pbody2013
Serious flight time
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by pbody2013 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:13

Dan201 wrote:Ive got some bigger batteries here that fit into the stock battery holder but because they are taller the top hull doesn't fit over it.

If I push down it fits because the battery tray moves down. Has anyone lowered the battery tray? If so any pics or tutorials about?
Dan some guys just remove the tray altogether. just cut around the foam with a utility knife but you'll then need to find a way to secure the battery and the motherboard. Not difficult from what I've seen some guys do. You can also cut away the inside of the hull to fit the bigger battery. Not sure what threads they were in sorry. Search bar should turn up something for you or just have at it :lol:
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:18

I removed the borders of the tray (in length) and added some velcro on my batteries and the center of the batterie holder so they don't move during flight in combination with the strap, it takes all batteries now ;)

Nicholi2789
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Nicholi2789 » 18 Mar 2013, 18:47

That's a good idea. I've been hunting around for some extra velcro...
Has anyone tried the 1500 mah batteries for sale on drone parts.com? I was thinkin of pickin up a couple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2