New Flyer from Coquitlam, BC Canada

Let us all know who you are and your background in flying.
kingdrako69
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Flyer from Coquitlam, BC Canada

Post by kingdrako69 » 12 Feb 2015, 19:52

Hey guys, my name is Alberto and Im a new flyer from Coquitlam, BC. Just purchased the elite edition of the drone no more than a month ago. weather has been up in down in my area, (thanks to the pineapple express), have got a couple of good flights when weather has permitted. Unfortunately last one was almost a sad lost as I lost total control of drone and ended up in a tree about 40ft from the ground. Usually I fly the drone with my Samsung Galaxy note 4 running free flight, but from time to time I use an Ipad mini with the same program. Last flight was done with the Ipad mini, and I swear it was like someone else was flying the drone.....
I have heard that near by wifi spots can interfere with the signal, and it could be true as the park I usually go for fly's had some people there, specially kids......so I had moved to another place in the park which had brought me closer to some houses.
But my experience so far has been great, the only down part is that in Canada specially in my city or for the fact anywhere in the 5k kilometer range, can't find a store that sells parts. Seen some in Amazon but some claimed manufacturer and I assume "parrot" has discontinue some parts for this model as they are concentrating more on their newest models.
Anyhow I love the site and will not mind getting together with someone in the area.