Intorduction

Let us all know who you are and your background in flying.
andersent01
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Intorduction

Post by andersent01 » 22 Jul 2014, 20:47

Hello fellow Dronies.
Quick question, I am using a windows 8 phone, and unable to access freeflight app. Any other apps that can be used.
I am also looking at scanning, and wondered if anyone has adapted one to suit.
I teach spatial information to 15 and 16 year old students here on the Gold coast, Queensland, so this is a great way of showing how the drone can be used.
Flying time is about 2 hours so far, with first attempt at flying, drone landed on top of 2 story house. Managed to get a tall ladder.

Cheers Torben

bmitch1850
Newcomer

Re: Intorduction

Post by bmitch1850 » 01 Aug 2014, 22:38

Southern California here....figured I'd start with "intro" post, didn't see a topic for "AR2 pairing with Moga "Hero" Power controller"
So...now that I've got my question asked, I'll do a very quick intro; 64 y.o. vet have toys will travel!
Looking forward to becoming very proficient with drones before our government gets involved with how/when and where we can operate them.
Lastly...Because I believe that there is nothing free in the world we live in....if there are instructors out there, please make contact!
Everyone have a safe weekend, bm.

sky2mind
Newcomer
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Re: Introduction

Post by sky2mind » 13 Jan 2015, 22:02

Hello to all.

I run a flight school at Santa Monica airport. I have a hangar that is 60 feet by 120 feet with no pillars supporting the roof. I am thinking of starting a monthly or every other Friday Drone Dome event with races and obstacle course. It would probably run from 6pm to 10 pm and we would charge 10 bucks. Anyone interested?

JJ

Beeworld
Just flips over

Re: Intorduction

Post by Beeworld » 17 Jan 2015, 10:17

Love the hangar idea, Sky2mind, especially as the wind never seems to let up around here (Melbourne Australia) - if you know of anywhere similar in Australia, please let me know! Hope you get lots of interest. Cheers.