Login to disable ads!

Camera SD card

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
Thrasherg
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Camera SD card

Post by Thrasherg » 25 Jun 2019, 03:22

I didn't want to add to any other topic. I just bought a new Parrot Mambo FPV, it takes a while for the drone to connect to the phone and the WiFi seems weak but it all connects up eventually, the fly pad connects and when I go into fly mode I see the image from the camera. I took a 1GB and a 16GB SD card, formatted them both to FAT32 and tried each one in the camera. The controller tells me each time there is no SD card.. Can anyone tell me if it needs some proprietary SD card, or maybe a different format? As I am seeing the camera image the freeflight mini is definitely talking to the camera, just don't know why I cant get it to see the SD card in the camera?

A second question, the camera seems to get very hot, is this normal, its noticeably hot to the touch after 2 or 3 minutes.. Maybe my camera is defective (Hope not as I know how bad parrot support is), but wanted to ask here first if I am doing anything wrong? want to delay having to deal with Parrot until the last possible minute. The drone fly's well and FPV flying is fun but I find I have to squint a little with the goggles to get a single image!! :D

In case it makes a difference I formatted both SD cards on my PC (windows 10) and when that didn't work I reformatted them both on my mac. Unfortunately they still weren't seen by the camera!!

Cheers Gary
Parrot Bebop 2’s, Airborne Night, Mambo FPV, and a few cheap drones!

Dirk_ANAFI
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Anafi

Re: Camera SD card

Post by Dirk_ANAFI » 25 Jun 2019, 16:41

My FPV cam also gets quite hot after some time.
Could you insert the card without problems? Contacts facing down and pushed into the slot as far as possible?
Formatting with FAT32 is ok.

Thrasherg
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Re: Camera SD card

Post by Thrasherg » 25 Jun 2019, 21:52

I don't know why, both my cards work fine on the PC but wouldn't work with the camera, I just went and purchased a brand new 16GB card, formatted it FAT32 and the camera recognizes it and records to it.. No idea why it wouldn't recognize the other memory cards, but for the moment all is good, just wish it had longer battery life, using FPV is a lot of fun but the battery seems to go flat in 3 minutes or less, its probably just an impression, but I would like longer flight times.. :D

Thanks for confirming your camera gets hot, I was getting quite concerned that mine had a fault and that was why it wouldnt recognize the SD card, and why the flight times seemed so short!! Now it all works well, the flight times just seem short as I am having so much fun!! Time flies when you having fun, but my drone sits on the floor with a flat battery!! :roll:

Gary
Parrot Bebop 2’s, Airborne Night, Mambo FPV, and a few cheap drones!