mambro help

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
bouch
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone

mambro help

Post by bouch » 03 Dec 2017, 22:47

Hi all, I'm seeking help in getting a mambro up and running which I purchased for my grandson. Being an OAP I find the whole rigmarole of dealing with technical issues rather difficult and by that I am referring to drones, phones, pc's etc. Well so far I've got the mambro flying via both the flypad and phone App but I was then informed there were 2 firmware updates available, I was given 2 choices of D/loading using Bluetooth or pc, I chose the former and believe the first d/load & install was a success but i'm having no joy with the other due to continually losing the bluetooth connection after the d/load is 100% complete, when I eventually re-connect I am not offered the option of installing it but have to go through the whole D/load procedure again. I have sought guidance on the parrot website but find it to be unhelpful. Would really appreciate any guidance or perhaps there is a tech help phone number available that anyone can provide me with. Thanks in anticipation of any help offered. :?:

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: mambro help

Post by AR.Tommy » 04 Dec 2017, 07:23

Hello and welcome,

don't bother with the bluetooth update. It takes forever and is very unreliable. You need to download the file from the Parrot Website and simply copy it via usb cable on the mambo. Then reboot, make sure the battery is fully charged.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

bouch
Newcomer

Post by bouch » 04 Dec 2017, 12:58

Hi Tommy, Thanks for your advice. However before I read your post I was eventually successful with my second update which was for the drone itself (the first update for the flypad had been a success). And I now think I know the reason why I was losing the Bluetooth connection which was because the connection had not been made, it was actually established with the flypad and not the drone, but it does not make any sense to me as to why it allowed the d/load to take place without a connection. Must agree with you it did take an eternity using Bluetooth but I didn't consider myself knowledgeable enough to update using a PC and when I did make an attempt by following the help link provided their was no response, by that I mean the link was broke?. Might be useful for future reference if you could provide me with the link you are referring to. Thanks again really appreciate it.

bouch
Newcomer

Post by bouch » 04 Dec 2017, 13:03

incidentally when registering the option to select mambro as my drone was not an option, hence its listed as something other.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 04 Dec 2017, 18:03

One can found the firmware for Mambo here: https://community.parrot.com/t5/Parrot-Mambo/bd-p/Mambo in the upper right, at the moment it is V3.0.6. You simply copy this file on the Mambo via USB, like copying a file on an USB stick.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

bouch
Newcomer

Post by bouch » 04 Dec 2017, 19:55

I see said the blind man. - Thanks mate for making an old man happy and wiser