Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Read the latest news and announcements.
IceFyre13th
Just flips over
Posts: 91
Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 02:14
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Mesa, AZ

Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by IceFyre13th » 13 Mar 2013, 18:44

http://forum.parrot.com/ardrone/en/view ... hp?id=7392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably due to the jerk who flew his drone near the airport recently, Apple in their infinite wisdom and political correctness decided to protect the public from the dangerous AR Drone we must pull the app from the store.

User avatar
DBS
I've been hit!!
Posts: 2764
Joined: 15 May 2012, 16:27
Drone Type: DISCO
Location: Treasure Coast, Florida

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by DBS » 13 Mar 2013, 19:24

I would say it's probably due to complaints... If an app on the apple app store gets too many complaints regarding "does not work as advertised" it gets pulled... People over there have been complaining all these months that the app doesn't have features advertised on the damn box the drone came in and there were comments on there regarding legal action and class action lawsuits etc...

Apple has way too many store rules to be half assed about your app for so long without having something like this happen sooner or later...

Well there goes my damn iPad mod plan out the window...
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

pbody2013
Serious flight time
Posts: 1477
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 03:24
Drone Type: Bebop
Location: High River Alberta Canada

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by pbody2013 » 13 Mar 2013, 19:47

WTF! Yet FreeFlight for V1 is still available. Just another reason to go Android.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

mhoppes
Up and hovering
Posts: 137
Joined: 03 May 2012, 10:57

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by mhoppes » 13 Mar 2013, 21:26

So now what? I have a $300 device I can't fly?....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

User avatar
DBS
I've been hit!!
Posts: 2764
Joined: 15 May 2012, 16:27
Drone Type: DISCO
Location: Treasure Coast, Florida

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by DBS » 13 Mar 2013, 21:28

There are other flight apps in the app store... It'll cost you a few bucks though :|
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Capodrone
Just flips over
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 01:38
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by Capodrone » 13 Mar 2013, 21:51

so what are all the "pros" running for iOS control.

also I have both iPad 1 and 2 any platform better than other?

and what iOS version are you running these apps in? I rarely update my iOS on my iPad so I'm curious To know..

pbody2013
Serious flight time
Posts: 1477
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 03:24
Drone Type: Bebop
Location: High River Alberta Canada

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by pbody2013 » 13 Mar 2013, 21:56

mhoppes wrote:So now what? I have a $300 device I can't fly?....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sure you can, just get an android device lol. I'd think it's still usable but won't be updatable until Parrot figures something out. I'm sure they will get tons of complaints. They should at least fess up and tell us why it's been pulled.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

DaZa
I've been hit!!
Posts: 4113
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 02:32
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by DaZa » 13 Mar 2013, 22:00

DroneBonerStallone wrote:There are other flight apps in the app store... It'll cost you a few bucks though :|
Depends on why it was pulled... they may start pulling them as well.

Hmmmm that's just stupid though, I'm betting they will put in some height/distance restrictions or something to keep them happy and be able to re-add it to the store.

Code74
Charged up again
Posts: 1100
Joined: 25 Sep 2012, 00:14
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by Code74 » 13 Mar 2013, 23:26

It's the US government starting their crack down on personal drones lol :P
The aftermarket apps are tons better then freeflight anyways.... Do hope the figure something out for updates though
HT-450 merged into a HT-Flip FPV 1.3 vtx, Fatshark base goggles, Gopro 3, sony vtx cam

IceFyre13th
Just flips over
Posts: 91
Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 02:14
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by IceFyre13th » 13 Mar 2013, 23:28

No, reality is more like they have been getting complaints about the lack of support, the battery issue, and all the other issues they have including getting the new GPS and Battery out.......Apple AppStore see complaints blindly, and if they feel too many complaints happen they pull the app.

Parrot is too chicken $hit to admit they are too incompetent to do what they promised, they need to put up the white flag (reminds me of an old joke, French Military rifle for sale, never fired, dropped once. Comes with white multi-use cloth.)

I was being sarcastic when I blamed the airport idiot (yes that person is an idiot, thanks Mr Dumass).....not everything on the internet is real, no matter what that TV commercial Blond thinks.....French model.....LOL

User avatar
ScubaSteve
I've been hit!!
Posts: 2106
Joined: 06 Oct 2012, 14:37
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Worcester UK

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by ScubaSteve » 13 Mar 2013, 23:29

Beginning of the end of the drone lol? What are parrot going to say to fly with. Can't see them recommending 3rd party ones
http://www.dronetec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << QuadMod RC Control for your Drone
http://www.facebook.com/dronetecgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << Like Us on Facebook

Image

User avatar
AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Posts: 1181
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 07:59
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by AR.Tommy » 13 Mar 2013, 23:38

Maybe someone hit accidentally the reject binary button? 3rd party opportunity!
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

User avatar
DBS
I've been hit!!
Posts: 2764
Joined: 15 May 2012, 16:27
Drone Type: DISCO
Location: Treasure Coast, Florida

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by DBS » 14 Mar 2013, 00:04

IceFyre13th wrote:No, reality is more like they have been getting complaints about the lack of support, the battery issue, and all the other issues they have including getting the new GPS and Battery out.......Apple AppStore see complaints blindly, and if they feel too many complaints happen they pull the app.

Parrot is too chicken $hit to admit they are too incompetent to do what they promised, they need to put up the white flag (reminds me of an old joke, French Military rifle for sale, never fired, dropped once. Comes with white multi-use cloth.)

I was being sarcastic when I blamed the airport idiot (yes that person is an idiot, thanks Mr Dumass).....not everything on the internet is real, no matter what that TV commercial Blond thinks.....French model.....LOL
Word bro...

And you know if Parrot could blame it on someone else they would right off the bat... If we never hear why it was pulled... Then it's definitely their own lack of support and complaints for sure :ugeek:
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Capodrone
Just flips over
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Mar 2013, 01:38
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by Capodrone » 14 Mar 2013, 00:29

ScubaSteve wrote:Beginning of the end of the drone lol? What are parrot going to say to fly with. Can't see them recommending 3rd party ones

funny you should ask this since I just got off the phone with them today.

the official response is we are aware of the issue and working on a solution. when I asked what am I to do with my 300 drone that has no oem software.

I was told to download ar race
and I was told I could use freeflight 1.0 but no live video .

thanks - parrot.

Ashant
Ready for take off
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 18:42
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by Ashant » 14 Mar 2013, 00:29

DroneBonerStallone wrote:
IceFyre13th wrote:No, reality is more like they have been getting complaints about the lack of support, the battery issue, and all the other issues they have including getting the new GPS and Battery out.......Apple AppStore see complaints blindly, and if they feel too many complaints happen they pull the app.

Parrot is too chicken $hit to admit they are too incompetent to do what they promised, they need to put up the white flag (reminds me of an old joke, French Military rifle for sale, never fired, dropped once. Comes with white multi-use cloth.)

I was being sarcastic when I blamed the airport idiot (yes that person is an idiot, thanks Mr Dumass).....not everything on the internet is real, no matter what that TV commercial Blond thinks.....French model.....LOL
Word bro...

And you know if Parrot could blame it on someone else they would right off the bat... If we never hear why it was pulled... Then it's definitely their own lack of support and complaints for sure :ugeek:
Yet their other flight apps are not removed...

I'm beginning to wonder if it really was an AR.Drone I saw on Apples Cupertino Campus a few weeks ago...maybe a proto for their own Drone?

The question I have is...I set pairing in Freeflight...how do I unpair if the app removes itself? I'm not home to check, but last time Apple removed an app it deleted from my device too.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest