How to storage my drone battery?

Parrot's new driving and jumping mini drones Jumping Sumo, Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drone.

Moderator: AR.Tommy

DivenParker
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone

How to storage my drone battery?

Post by DivenParker » 09 Nov 2017, 04:26

The winner is coming, I have bought many drone lipo batteries but no time to fly, so I want to know how to storage these drone batteries, they are not cheap, I don't want them get broken. I search some tips about storage lipo batteries,
Do not directly connect the terminals with metal objects. This will short-circuit Batteries, resulting in heat and electrical discharge.
Never store loose Batteries together, the Batteries’ terminals may contact one another causing a short circuit.
Never storage Batteries to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. The battery should be stored within -10℃ ~ 45℃ range environmental condition. If the battery has to be stored for a long time (Over 3 months), the

environmental condition should be:
  • Temperature: 23±5℃
    Humidity: 65±20%RH
    The voltage for a long time storage should be 3.6V~3.9V range per cell.
Always disconnect Batteries when not in use and store Batteries in a non-conductive and fireproof container.
Never alter, puncture or impact Batteries or related components.

I don't know is it right? are there more advice?
Last edited by AR.Tommy on 09 Nov 2017, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry, had to remove the shop links.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: How to storage my drone battery?

Post by AR.Tommy » 09 Nov 2017, 09:15

Hello and welcome,

many lipo chargers have special store programs to bring all cells to (I think) around 3.8V per cell. This is usually enough to do. If you do not have one of these chargers flying the lipo to 40% with an AR.Drone app should be enough to store it for the winter.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.