Possible Cause for Fly Aways and RTH Failure

Mods for Bebop, Bebop 2 and even the Skycontroller.
vrjunkie
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Possible Cause for Fly Aways and RTH Failure

Post by vrjunkie » 28 Feb 2018, 21:45

Hi,

I am new here but have already discovered a BIG NO NO that I am guilty of...

Almost all of the documentation (and it's spotty and scattered with no hirarchy of important notes) mentions connecting the Phone to the Bebop 2 over and over. I guess it was developed with customers purchasing the drone alone (ignoring the ones who get it with the sky controller or FPV pack).

What this does (and I was guilty of) is customers fumbling around and fying with the phones WiFi and the Sky controller 2 merely being a simple slave controller (as opposed to the primary control device).

This would explainf the VASTLY different reviews I read regarding fly aways, loss of control, and RTH failures. For if you are using the phones WiFi you will have INCREDIBLY limited range and when you realize you have lost control pressing RTH on the controller will do nothing as the controller has no connection to the drone!

This is a HUGE GLARING HOLE in the instructions and needs to be fixed as it is hurting customer experiences and Bebop 2 reputation.

Why is this not highlighted in HUGE red lettering somewhere???

Also the ducumentation needs collected together in 1 place and kept up to date. Numerous examples of differing screens, mentions of previous software apps and screens ABOUND.

This would be an EASY simple fix - right???

Am I just a newbie who has not found the holy grail documentation or what?

I think this is a terrific product and has incredible capabilities but is being held back by poor documentation.

-Lane
(Vrjunkie)

solaris8x86
Strange wobble
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Possible Cause for Fly Aways and RTH Failure

Post by solaris8x86 » 01 Mar 2018, 15:51

vrjunkie wrote:
28 Feb 2018, 21:45
Hi,

I am new here but have already discovered a BIG NO NO that I am guilty of...

Almost all of the documentation (and it's spotty and scattered with no hirarchy of important notes) mentions connecting the Phone to the Bebop 2 over and over. I guess it was developed with customers purchasing the drone alone (ignoring the ones who get it with the sky controller or FPV pack).

What this does (and I was guilty of) is customers fumbling around and fying with the phones WiFi and the Sky controller 2 merely being a simple slave controller (as opposed to the primary control device).

This would explainf the VASTLY different reviews I read regarding fly aways, loss of control, and RTH failures. For if you are using the phones WiFi you will have INCREDIBLY limited range and when you realize you have lost control pressing RTH on the controller will do nothing as the controller has no connection to the drone!

This is a HUGE GLARING HOLE in the instructions and needs to be fixed as it is hurting customer experiences and Bebop 2 reputation.

Why is this not highlighted in HUGE red lettering somewhere???

Also the ducumentation needs collected together in 1 place and kept up to date. Numerous examples of differing screens, mentions of previous software apps and screens ABOUND.

This would be an EASY simple fix - right???

Am I just a newbie who has not found the holy grail documentation or what?

I think this is a terrific product and has incredible capabilities but is being held back by poor documentation.

-Lane
(Vrjunkie)

Flyaway is mostly found on DJI copters. It is seldom to be found on Parrot drones. Especially you have the mod kit applied. Your control signal will be very strong and wipe out other drones/copters nearby. So that you can dominate your airspace. Your flyaway chance after the Mod is about 1/4000.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

1st timer
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Possible Cause for Fly Aways and RTH Failure

Post by 1st timer » 02 Oct 2018, 21:16

What is a mod kit?