Lens Covers

Mods for Bebop, Bebop 2 and even the Skycontroller.
Outforaflight
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Lens Covers

Post by Outforaflight » 28 Oct 2016, 15:37

Has any tried any of the lens cover and if so do they have very much affect on the edge views. I am talking about the $5 dollar versions

Thank you David

solaris8x86
Thinking of bearings

Re: Lens Covers

Post by solaris8x86 » 05 Nov 2016, 10:27

Outforaflight wrote:Has any tried any of the lens cover and if so do they have very much affect on the edge views. I am talking about the $5 dollar versions

Thank you David

Unworthy. As plastic cannot be comparable to quality of glass (lens). Better not to use them. Won't help much against a crash.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ

l.hoornweg
Ready for take off

Post by l.hoornweg » 06 Jan 2017, 13:49

solaris8x86 wrote:
Outforaflight wrote:Has any tried any of the lens cover and if so do they have very much affect on the edge views. I am talking about the $5 dollar versions

Thank you David

Unworthy. As plastic cannot be comparable to quality of glass (lens). Better not to use them. Won't help much against a crash.
Don't quite agree with you there, the lens cover does alter the image quite a bit yes, but it does protect you camera lens well.
the origional camera lens is made from glass, and after a few crashes there wil come some scratches in it. the lenscap protects the lens. not only againts scratches but also protects the whole camera when a big hit happens the lens cover will be hit first, this cover is attached to the fome so the fome wil take the blast and wil absorb the shock. instead of the camera...

JaveStack
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by JaveStack » 27 Jan 2017, 22:24

No first hand experience but I have read many reviews of the cheap covers, and it has been said consistently that the glare is really bad, especially for FPV.

CrawleysCobra
Newcomer

Post by CrawleysCobra » 10 Feb 2017, 15:05

I've got one on order and it should be in any day now.
I will try to remember to post my results once I get it on.

CrawleysCobra
Newcomer

Post by CrawleysCobra » 15 Feb 2017, 16:17

I got one of the stick on plastic lens protectors and installed it. I like the look and I like the added protection it gives. Image quality was affested some, but it is worth it to me.
bebop.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

weebee
Battery Charged

Post by weebee » 22 Feb 2017, 21:28

Plastic can be optically correct. Otherwise my prescription safety glasses would be worthless. But these are precision ground/polished lenses. With that being said I would guess that these 5.00 lenses guards would lower IQ to a point I wouldn't find worth it. Also, if these are attached directly touching the lenses it would not offer any impact protection. I wouldn't mind seeing an adapter so one could use filters over the lenses though.