***NEW***MiruMod Wifi-Less Mod Kit and more

Building Mirumod's since July 2012.

Moderator: dante1

erikj180
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: ***NEW***MiruMod Wifi-Less Mod Kit and more

Post by erikj180 » 06 Jul 2014, 04:19

erikj180 wrote:noob to the forum and drone ownership, long time drone lurker and coder/electronics guy. I recently bought a AR as an entry yesterday and already bored with wifi. Dante, what is your turnaround on your mirumod kit these days?
Let me clarify, turnaround for the mirumod kit or the plug and play kit to the US (Everett, WA)?

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 06 Jul 2014, 15:02

erikj180 wrote:
erikj180 wrote:noob to the forum and drone ownership, long time drone lurker and coder/electronics guy. I recently bought a AR as an entry yesterday and already bored with wifi. Dante, what is your turnaround on your mirumod kit these days?
Let me clarify, turnaround for the mirumod kit or the plug and play kit to the US (Everett, WA)?
Hi erikj180,
For the plug and play kit, I ran out of transmitters but I have them on order. If you can get your hands on a Spektrum DX6i for cheap, that will do just fine. Otherwise the MiruMods are ready to ship and depending on the shipping option you select, you can have it in 2-3 business days.

Thanks,

Patrick
The MiruMod Wifi-Less Mod
"Bringing the AR Drone to new heights"
Ebay Link
Store

erikj180
Battery Charged

Post by erikj180 » 06 Jul 2014, 17:14

I did a search on this thread for the following transmitter and did not see a previous post or response, is the FS-TH9X supported?

http://www.amazon.com/FS-TH9X-2-4GHz-9C ... d+receiver

Thanks!
Erik

erikj180
Battery Charged

Post by erikj180 » 06 Jul 2014, 17:18

I just found this and I'm assuming, yes as it supports ACRO:
Specifications

The Fly Sky FS-TH9X is modular system, so specifications may vary depending on the module you select. The transmitter itself is loaded with features, some of which you will usually only find on some high end transmitters.
•Number of Channels: 8ch PPM/9ch PCM
•Display: 128*64 LCD
•Support Type: Heli/Acro/Glid
•User Models: 8
•Stick Modes: 4
•Encoder Type: PPM/PCM
•Sub Trim: Yes
•Simulator Interface: Yes
•Buzzer: Yes
•Low Voltage Display: Yes

The menus are clearly and easy to navigate using the 128×64 pixel LCD display. The only issue I had was that the +/- buttons are back to front with the positive on the left.

erikj180
Battery Charged

Post by erikj180 » 13 Jul 2014, 04:12

Thanks Miru for this mod and XR-4Drone for getting it to me in a very timely fashion! I'm a happy camper!

I have the Turnigy 9x transmitter with standard module. I used the receiver that came with the unit as I guess I don't have a DSM module (would not bind to my dx6i receiver).

I set the sticks in mode2 making the connections 1-6 pin for pin. Followed Miru's 9x for setting up the flap, 3 position switch here: http://mirumod.tk/hw/turnigy9x/turnigy9x.php

So much more responsive however I seem to be running into a range issue as the drone flew off a few times (low altitude as I watched it crash). Breaking a landing gear tab is the worst thing that's happened in all my crashes today getting used to flying again.... I know there are operator errors but not all of them.

Am I taking a risk using a Turnigy? Should I invest in a better radio or a different module/receiver for the Turnigy (even possible?)?

Thanks,
Erik

erikj180
Battery Charged

Post by erikj180 » 13 Jul 2014, 04:14

oh... here is a non-crashing flight :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY-mk8DY17s

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 13 Jul 2014, 17:55

erikj180 wrote:Thanks Miru for this mod and XR-4Drone for getting it to me in a very timely fashion! I'm a happy camper!

I have the Turnigy 9x transmitter with standard module. I used the receiver that came with the unit as I guess I don't have a DSM module (would not bind to my dx6i receiver).

I set the sticks in mode2 making the connections 1-6 pin for pin. Followed Miru's 9x for setting up the flap, 3 position switch here: http://mirumod.tk/hw/turnigy9x/turnigy9x.php

So much more responsive however I seem to be running into a range issue as the drone flew off a few times (low altitude as I watched it crash). Breaking a landing gear tab is the worst thing that's happened in all my crashes today getting used to flying again.... I know there are operator errors but not all of them.

Am I taking a risk using a Turnigy? Should I invest in a better radio or a different module/receiver for the Turnigy (even possible?)?

Thanks,
Erik
No, the Turnigy is a good transmitter for this mod. I would check the channels in setup mode before flying. This way you have a good understanding how the channels respond to your stick movement and the switches.
Ebay Link
Store

colh
Battery Charged

Post by colh » 18 Jul 2014, 16:09

I must be being thick here, or else can't see it for looking.... but.... :oops:
Is there a page/document somewhere that lists what the functions Tx sticks/switches do on the Drone? (e.g. Throttle = ?, Gear = ?). If its relevant, I'll be using a Spektrum DX6i.

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 20 Jul 2014, 20:02

colh wrote:I must be being thick here, or else can't see it for looking.... but.... :oops:
Is there a page/document somewhere that lists what the functions Tx sticks/switches do on the Drone? (e.g. Throttle = ?, Gear = ?). If its relevant, I'll be using a Spektrum DX6i.
Look on page 7 of my manual.
http://www.xr-4drone.com/manual/Mirumod%20manual.pdf
I'm not sure if that is what you mean but in hyperterminal you can test all the switches and stick positions and see how they react.
Ebay Link
Store

colh
Battery Charged

Post by colh » 21 Jul 2014, 10:21

dante1 wrote: Look on page 7 of my manual.
http://www.xr-4drone.com/manual/Mirumod%20manual.pdf
I'm not sure if that is what you mean but in hyperterminal you can test all the switches and stick positions and see how they react.
Hi, I saw the pages about testing the settings etc, but it doesn't say what the switches and sticks actually do. For example, is throttle the up/down? rudder the bank left/right? does the flaps switch do land/take-off? It's just this basic definition of what the mappings from Transmitter to Drone are.

colh
Battery Charged

Post by colh » 23 Jul 2014, 14:48

So, what I was looking for was along these lines:
http://www.i-drone.me/product/i-drone-2 ... o-kit-2-0/ (the 2nd pic)
although, ideally, including possible 'aux' [switch] functions too. I realise it might be dependent on transmitter and/or mode, but did I miss these instructions somewhere?
I assume it's the same as Miru mappings? I'd have guess at this if I'd had to, but I don't want to miss out on some clever (slightly undocumented) feature that I never realise it's got! :?

Further question: I've got a Spektrum receiver I was going to use along with the 'ultra compact' style board. It's a deeper Rx than the Lemon Feather Light, so doesn't all fit in one under the baseplate. I can rig it with an extension cable: either from Rx-to-Miru, or Miru-to-Drone. Latter is my initial preference, to avoid the RF front-ends overloading each other, but anyone got experience of trying these options in/around a Drone's underbelly?

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 27 Jul 2014, 22:20

colh wrote:So, what I was looking for was along these lines:
although, ideally, including possible 'aux' [switch] functions too. I realise it might be dependent on transmitter and/or mode, but did I miss these instructions somewhere?
I assume it's the same as Miru mappings? I'd have guess at this if I'd had to, but I don't want to miss out on some clever (slightly undocumented) feature that I never realise it's got! :?

Further question: I've got a Spektrum receiver I was going to use along with the 'ultra compact' style board. It's a deeper Rx than the Lemon Feather Light, so doesn't all fit in one under the baseplate. I can rig it with an extension cable: either from Rx-to-Miru, or Miru-to-Drone. Latter is my initial preference, to avoid the RF front-ends overloading each other, but anyone got experience of trying these options in/around a Drone's underbelly?
The MiruMod fits in the underbelly. Do you have a Spektrum transmitter?
Ebay Link
Store

tbdroneproject
Battery Charged

Post by tbdroneproject » 28 Jul 2014, 19:25

@dante1: When do you think you have the transmitter in stock again? Do you ship to Sweden? The transmitter you send with the plug-n-play packages, can it be used for other RC products (cars, planes etc.) if yes, is it hard to setup for use with other RC products? Also, do I need the GPS module you provide if I have the parrot USB-GPS module already?

Would be really great to get this for our drones :)
TBB Productions on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/tbdroneproject. New video every Monday. | Instagram http://instagram.com/tbbproductions

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 28 Jul 2014, 21:41

tbdroneproject wrote:@dante1: When do you think you have the transmitter in stock again? Do you ship to Sweden? The transmitter you send with the plug-n-play packages, can it be used for other RC products (cars, planes etc.) if yes, is it hard to setup for use with other RC products? Also, do I need the GPS module you provide if I have the parrot USB-GPS module already?

Would be really great to get this for our drones :)
Yes, I do have the transmitter back in stock. I am not sure which other RC products but you can always check on the deviation website here. http://www.deviationtx.com/
The transmitter I use is the Devo 7e with a modified firmware.
As for the GPS, the Parrot GPS does not work with the MiruMod software. You would need the GPS that come with the plug and play package.
And yes, I do ship to Sweden :)

Edit: I was told by Pawelsky that the NEW Mirumod rev.022 software does support the Parrot Flight Recorder.
Please go to http://mirumod.tk/sw/drs022.php and scroll to the bottom.
Ebay Link
Store

colh
Battery Charged

Post by colh » 29 Jul 2014, 17:38

dante1 wrote:
colh wrote:So, what I was looking for was along these lines:

The MiruMod fits in the underbelly. Do you have a Spektrum transmitter?
Yes, I have a DX6i.
I was going to use a Spektrum AR600 that I've got - which would have needed the extension cable somewhere in the line in order to fit it in. However I've since decided to just keep it simpler and use a Lemon. (Though I went for the DSMX version, which it turns out is a little thicker and double-sided! But by soldering an second 10way header onto the MiruPCB's I've been able to increase the clearance for the 'stack').