Login to disable ads!

Phantom 2 Vision + ... Chasing an Ultralight [page 7 video]

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phantom 2 Vision Plus... *6/09 update* ... 1.4 MILE FLIG

Post by DBS » 10 Jun 2014, 20:00

If my math works out correctly... 6.5k is achievable... but I'll work my way up there and see if it's actually doable in a real world situation... there must be no wind at all ... and no screw ups... If I lose control signal there won't be enough battery to get back in RTH at 15mph :shock:
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

Maverick107
Technical flight skills
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Re: Phantom 2 Vision Plus... *6/09 update* ... 1.4 MILE FLIG

Post by Maverick107 » 11 Jun 2014, 01:36

If anyone can do it, you will my friend :!:

DBS
I've been hit!!

Re: Phantom 2 Vision + 8/7/14 - ANOTHER WORLD RECORD!!

Post by DBS » 08 Aug 2014, 02:27

Thanks to everyone who has been helpful in achieving my goals with AR Drone 2.0 and now Phantom 2 Vision + ... forum members and friends and especially my antenna sponsor itelite for providing awesome solutions with excellent results...

We've done it again folks... and it was just as fun and nerve wracking and leg stiffening as the first time with the AR Drone...

Anyway.... here go da video guys... Hit that like button if you please :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-1HlDJcPlw

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/_-1HlDJcPlw

Screenshot on DJI Vision app at the epic turn around point

And made it on top of the leaderboard at Flytrex for Phantom 2 Vision + class Quadcopters

Maverick107
Technical flight skills

Post by Maverick107 » 11 Aug 2014, 23:01

Nice going Chuck thought I seen a further one but cant remember where!

edilu336
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by edilu336 » 12 Aug 2014, 05:19

The real world record… 6km (19,685 ft) dated back to May 2014. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dVX06Q6oII

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 12 Aug 2014, 12:28

edilu336 wrote:The real world record… 6km (19,685 ft) dated back to May 2014. :D
That was a Phantom 2. Not the Vision Series.
still impressive though.

The Vision series uses 5.8ghz for Control Uplink and WiFi 2.4ghz for Video Downlink.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

DBS
I've been hit!!

Post by DBS » 12 Aug 2014, 15:11

garrock wrote:
edilu336 wrote:The real world record… 6km (19,685 ft) dated back to May 2014. :D
That was a Phantom 2. Not the Vision Series.
still impressive though.

The Vision series uses 5.8ghz for Control Uplink and WiFi 2.4ghz for Video Downlink.

Yeah... totally different animal... we're not competing in that class... Learn some things every time I watch these videos though ... good find :ugeek:

edilu336
Ready for take off

Post by edilu336 » 12 Aug 2014, 18:16

Unfortunately, 6km has already been widely accepted as the only World Record for months in the whole "Phantom 2" series (no matter with or without Phantom 2 Vision/+). Because Vision/+ is just a small variation of Phantom 2 family for the beginner who wants an all-in-one package.

The real world record remains 6km (19,685 ft) dated back to May 2014 for Phantom 2 series family :D

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 12 Aug 2014, 22:13

The title of this thread is: Phantom 2 Vision + - "Another" World Record
  • Currently, one of the worlds most popular Ready To Fly UAV box solutions in its price-performance class.

Using the same DJI 5.8ghz RC Uplink Control scheme and DJI WiFi 2.4ghz Range Extender Video Downlink device.
    That is... remaining compatible with with those two core-factory-installed RF Link systems.
    No critical "on drone" mods needed to achieve deeper down range performance.

Records like this one demonstrate extending possibilities to the average person who purchase this type Ready To Fly Solution.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

DBS
I've been hit!!

Post by DBS » 15 Aug 2014, 02:17

edilu336 wrote:Unfortunately, 6km has already been widely accepted as the only World Record for months in the whole "Phantom 2" series (no matter with or without Phantom 2 Vision/+).
We heard ya the first time... still just as inaccurate... and not unfortunate ... that guy had an awesome flight with all his non Phantom hardware strapped to a Phantom

Don't know where you get the "widely accepted as the only" idea from... that's not how it works... that's not how any of this works :lol:

We all have the same Internet... but some of us actually use the whole thing :roll:
edilu336 wrote:Because Vision/+ is just a small variation of Phantom 2
Wrong again... huge difference.... and it's why even Flytrex, for example, breaks them all down into categories... along with many other sites and forums... and we've already got credit and verification on this from them... and their members... and even their moderators...

Even redneck mud bog races are broken down into classes to keep competition on an even playing field...

Of course none of what you are saying matters... I never claimed to beat a heavily modified Phantom 2 with aftermarket FPV gear from different manufacturers and 2.4Ghz control frequency...

I just claim the farthest flight in the Phantom 2 Vision + class as broken down by flytrex and the other Phantom related sites who have already acknowledged the fact that we are trying to out distance one another... no biggie...

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 15 Aug 2014, 13:59

That guy was using RF technology (analog) for his video. DBS is using Wi-Fi (Digital). That's a pretty huge difference. With RF technology you can go 10,20,30 miles or more with the right combination of antennas + environment + frequency. What DBS is doing with extending WiFi range is ground breaking because you can get MUCH sharper video with digital than you can with RF, but historically the Achilles heel of digital (WiFi) is the range is limited.

I figured that would all be pretty obvious, but I guess not.

Maverick107
Technical flight skills

Post by Maverick107 » 15 Aug 2014, 16:18

Nicely explained cobra :!: :!: :!:

In this world DB has always set the bar! :D

edilu336
Ready for take off

Post by edilu336 » 15 Aug 2014, 17:56

AKCobra wrote:That guy was using RF technology (analog) for his video. DBS is using Wi-Fi (Digital). That's a pretty huge difference. With RF technology you can go 10,20,30 miles or more with the right combination of antennas + environment + frequency. What DBS is doing with extending WiFi range is ground breaking because you can get MUCH sharper video with digital than you can with RF, but historically the Achilles heel of digital (WiFi) is the range is limited.

I figured that would all be pretty obvious, but I guess not.

Wrong concept. Both analog and digital signals are working on RF. But they work in different wave form. Analog uses sine wave, Digital uses square wave.
So the real world record remains 6km (19,685 ft) dated back to May 2014 for the whole Phantom 2 family has been widely adopted by public for months on youtube :D

DBS
I've been hit!!

Post by DBS » 15 Aug 2014, 19:13

Dude sounds like a broken record doesn't he?

Don't worry about trolls guys... it comes with the territory ... I ain't worried about some guy with 11 comments on an AR Drone forum who obviously doesn't know how all this works...

All the views and likes and love from the real players in the game just cancel these ones out like they don't exist anyway...

Consider it a compliment when some nobody comes up and tells you you ain't done nuthin... If you ain't done nuthin they wouldn't have nuthin to say :ugeek:

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 15 Aug 2014, 19:53

edilu336 wrote:Wrong concept. Both analog and digital signals are working on RF. But they work in different wave form. Analog uses sine wave, Digital uses square wave.
Uhh... Wow.