New Build - TBS Discovery :)

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
DaZa
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: New Build - TBS Discovery :)

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 10:29

AKCobra wrote:From what I've seen YouTube is actually more lenient about copywrited stuff. They flag it but most of the time they still allow it and just blocked in certain countries or mobile but still allow it to stay up. Viemo and daily motion remove anything with a hint of a copywrite. YouTube does kill the quality though.
Your probably right there.

I'm using remixed dubstep mixes which are publically available, so far no issues with copyright but who knows!

About to upload the new OSD video, it's tad over 5 minutes long so shouldn't take too long to upload to Vimeo.

Shaft
Charged up again
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Shaft » 13 Sep 2013, 10:33

AKCobra wrote:From what I've seen YouTube is actually more lenient about copywrited stuff. They flag it but most of the time they still allow it and just blocked in certain countries or mobile but still allow it to stay up. Viemo and daily motion remove anything with a hint of a copywrite. YouTube does kill the quality though.
When my YouTube videos are blocked from my mobile device (iPad) then I can go to an ipad app called Jasmine and view the same video there that YouTube blocked because of the sound track.
I also have my favourite Artists/music labels, who don't mind participating in the creative process, regardless of content.
When financial gain is involved then yes I agree, YouTube or who ever must protect the copyright holder!

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 10:41

Shaft wrote:
When my YouTube videos are blocked from my mobile device (iPad) then I can go to an ipad app called Jasmine and view the same video there that YouTube blocked because of the sound track.
I also have my favourite Artists/music labels, who don't mind participating in the creative process, regardless of content.
When financial gain is involved then yes I agree, YouTube or who ever must protect the copyright holder!
Totally agree with you there dude.

No financial gain, should be no issue and helps get exposure for the artist.

Schlauncha
Charged up again

Post by Schlauncha » 13 Sep 2013, 12:08

Yeah, and if you edit together a bunch of beautiful footage to choreograph to a song in an artistic way, and again do not have the account monetized to get any profit from it, then it sure seems to me like I'm creating art in a way that isn't detrimental to the music being used. And on the other hand, you can find almost any song you're looking for on YouTube stuck on a "video" of just the album cover, prime for people to download the YouTube video and convert it over to audio.

I guess my big fear is after the couple warnings I've gotten on videos, I don't want to see YouTube suddenly ban my account and remove all of my other videos. I've had that account longer than some computers, and honestly there is alot of footage where YouTube has my only copy of it. I really need to get a good deal on a massive hard drive to use for long-term storage of stuff, or better yet, a pair in a RAID setup to really play it safe.

Sorry to drag your discussion off-topic, Daza.

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 12:38

All good, one thing I like about Vimeo is it allows you to download HD and SD copies of the video if you want later.

appelm
Batterys getting low

Post by appelm » 13 Sep 2013, 13:49

But you have to pay for Vimeo if you want to upload more than 1 HD video per week. Plus, though not that big a deal, you can't embed HD videos in forums unless you pay.

As for quality, I don't know the technical reasons but I had lots of quality issues uploading videos in 720/60 to youtube recently. They looked a lot better on Vimeo. I tried lots of different encoding formats and could not get much improvement on youtube.

compare these two 720/60 'identical' vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhkk6Wn1wQ4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://vimeo.com/72568351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but as soon as I went back to recording in 1080p/60, the video quality on youtube became stellar HD again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eSikDPZIsc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(as long as you select 1080p in settings)

As for copyright, I agree youtube lets you use most songs although they sometimes get blocked in other coutries. When you get flagged, you'll see "Matched Third Party Content" next to your video in your video manager. Click the link and "Acknowledge" the content. I think that makes a difference although I don't know what. The video then appears in your video manager as "Acknowledged Third Party Content" which seems to imply its all good. I did have one video's audio completely muted recently. It didn't flag me or anything but just muted the audio and gave me the option to replace the audio.

I like vimeo.. but it seems pricey compared to free youtube with unlimited storage.

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 14 Sep 2013, 00:02

Here is a better quality version of the OSD video.

http://vimeo.com/74426551

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 14 Sep 2013, 01:55

Just had the most brilliant morning session at the park.

3 packs all FPV and I was really pushing it this morning in the light conditions. Exploring the boundaries of the park via FPV and doing some mega awesome speed runs thru the trees and paths at speed. At one point I managed to look at the speed and was doing around 15 meters per second on a banking turn (about 54km/h).

Packs are charging again, got 2 more packs I need to solder XT60's onto.

Video should be awesome!

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 14 Sep 2013, 08:12

And this is the result of this morning's FPV session.

Simply awesome flying, loved every minute of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://vimeo.com/74507504

Shaft
Charged up again

Post by Shaft » 14 Sep 2013, 10:16

I'm impressed, you must be grinning from ear to ear after that session.
Now that you have a few FPV flights under your belt tell me what you think. :D

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 14 Sep 2013, 11:25

That's what I'm talkin' about! Way to go Daza!

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 14 Sep 2013, 12:11

Shaft wrote:I'm impressed, you must be grinning from ear to ear after that session.
Now that you have a few FPV flights under your belt tell me what you think. :D
What do I think?

Dumb question! is there any real comparison to fly a quad at speed via FPV compared to LOS?

Loved every minute of it, ear to ear was an understatement! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What clicked in for me was the DJI Mini iOSD adding the final piece of the puzzle when flying at speed. Being able to see realtime my climb rate is the key and it's mostly what I look at when flying. I want to know if I'm drifting up or down even the slightest and it's good at telling you that realtime.

One thing I'm noticing is that I feel there is a blind spot in my left peripheral vision. I feel like I can see well to the right but hard to see what's left of me. I think it might be due to the offset of the FPV camera on the Discovery frame. I've got a 2.8mm lens in there atm but I might try the 3.0 for a bit more FOV and see if this helps.

Marcus is going come over soon and I'll plug his Fatsharks into my DVR so he can watch as I fly. Hopefully he'll get his bird airborn again soon!

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 14 Sep 2013, 12:12

AKCobra wrote:That's what I'm talkin' about! Way to go Daza!
Was thinking of you dude as I was exploring the other side of the park this morning :)

appelm
Batterys getting low

Post by appelm » 14 Sep 2013, 13:42

Nice vid! liked the music choice too.

Maverick107
Technical flight skills

Post by Maverick107 » 14 Sep 2013, 14:52

Good job your getting it now Daz :!: