New Build - TBS Discovery :)

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
DaZa
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: New Build - TBS Discovery :)

Post by DaZa » 12 Sep 2013, 14:32

Excuse the crappy quality of this video, the mini DVR I recorded this with saves in ASF format and still fine tuning the converter to remove the artifacts. This is just an example of the DJI Mini iOSD output I see thru the Dominator goggles.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/zuVVMvOxkuQ

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 12 Sep 2013, 15:32

Wow Daza you're taking to FPV like a fish takes to water! I like how you have that OSD configured, it doesn't clutter the screen much at all.

Shaft
Charged up again
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Post by Shaft » 12 Sep 2013, 22:32

Looking good DaZa...

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 12 Sep 2013, 22:50

AKCobra wrote:Wow Daza you're taking to FPV like a fish takes to water! I like how you have that OSD configured, it doesn't clutter the screen much at all.
Yep the DJI Mini OSD system rocks, if your running Naza and FPV your an idiot if you don't put one in it's plug and play and it's the only OSD I've seen that works 100%.

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 12 Sep 2013, 22:52

Was playing around with the new GoPro studio software last night and decided to use one of their templates to see how it would turn out.

Not bad at all :)

P.S. turn up your speakers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/HApYI47h2pA

Maverick107
Technical flight skills

Post by Maverick107 » 12 Sep 2013, 23:02

Awesome all around music was also good ;)

Shaft
Charged up again

Post by Shaft » 12 Sep 2013, 23:39

Very cool DaZa, nice job...

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 03:08

Think I'm going to do away with Youtube, it's way too slow to upload to and it butchers the quality of the video.

Trying Vimeo which doesn't ruin or compress the video and allows me to upload at full speed. :)

What does peeps think of the quality here?

http://vimeo.com/74426551

Schlauncha
Charged up again

Post by Schlauncha » 13 Sep 2013, 03:31

I watched it, but normally I don't watch many other people's FPV videos, and this is why. Because it makes me jealous.

I'll get my stuff airborne again soon! I tried taking off yesterday, but the motors exploded off of the aircraft both times I tried. Yeah. 4hp can do that.

So with Vimeo, are they as bad of copyright police as Youtube is? Youtube has even flagged videos of mine where music was playing off a laptop in the background incidental to the video, and it wasn't even like popular music. And they also flagged music on a video that I had listed privately, and only 17 people had seen by being given the direct link. It'd be nice to have a place I could just toss a song on some flight footage and not have to worry about losing the account and all the videos I've uploaded with it.

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 03:48

Schlauncha wrote:I watched it, but normally I don't watch many other people's FPV videos, and this is why. Because it makes me jealous.

I'll get my stuff airborne again soon! I tried taking off yesterday, but the motors exploded off of the aircraft both times I tried. Yeah. 4hp can do that.

So with Vimeo, are they as bad of copyright police as Youtube is? Youtube has even flagged videos of mine where music was playing off a laptop in the background incidental to the video, and it wasn't even like popular music. And they also flagged music on a video that I had listed privately, and only 17 people had seen by being given the direct link. It'd be nice to have a place I could just toss a song on some flight footage and not have to worry about losing the account and all the videos I've uploaded with it.
Dont know much on Vimeo yet but seems to be getting popular.

I don't think they are as strict on copyright as Youtube yet, but when your making money they have to be strict I guess.

I just hate uploading videos at 80kb/s when I have a 1GB/s link at my desk :)

Shaft
Charged up again

Post by Shaft » 13 Sep 2013, 07:47

DaZa wrote:Think I'm going to do away with Youtube, it's way too slow to upload to and it butchers the quality of the video.

Trying Vimeo which doesn't ruin or compress the video and allows me to upload at full speed. :)

What does peeps think of the quality here?

http://vimeo.com/74426551
Yes, quality looks better on Vimeo compared to YouTube...

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 09:29

Well I shoot at 720p 60fps and it looks much better in raw format than after Youtube did it's thing to it even when uploaded at 1080p.

Vimeo at least doesn't compress it as much.

Got a better copy of that OSD video now, just need to edit it to a short set of sequences and then upload it.

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 13 Sep 2013, 10:20

From what I've seen YouTube is actually more lenient about copywrited stuff. They flag it but most of the time they still allow it and just blocked in certain countries or mobile but still allow it to stay up. Viemo and daily motion remove anything with a hint of a copywrite. YouTube does kill the quality though.

Shaft
Charged up again

Post by Shaft » 13 Sep 2013, 10:23

Is it better to record in 720p/60fps? I record in 1080p and then use the GOPRO editing suit to process to AVI and MP4. I then use windows "movie maker" to edit with titles and music.
Any advice on improvement to video unload quality would be appreciated DaZa.

DaZa
I've been hit!!

Post by DaZa » 13 Sep 2013, 10:28

I've found using higher frame rates makes it look smoother and helps eliminate any vibration or jello you have.

I would use 1080p 60fps but I only have the silver edition Hero 3 so it doesn't do that high.

But people say 720p 60fps looks about right for action shots like what we do, also helps with low light or harsh lighting conditions.

I'm happy with that mode so sticking to it now, also makes for smaller file sizes at 720p. Most editing software like iMovie etc cut the frame rate down which sucks.

Using the GoPro Studio software they just released is much better at handling higher frame rate clips.