Login to disable ads!

Meet the new DJI Phantom

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
JG-rn
Chased the cat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meet the new DJI Phantom

Post by JG-rn » 16 Jan 2013, 21:38

HighGainTuning wrote:
JG-rn wrote:
HighGainTuning wrote:Manual mode has to be activated by connecting the Phantom to your PC and DJI software.
DJI does not want inexperienced flyers switching to manual mode out of the box and unless you are very proficient with flying Heli's I wouldn't switch to it until you can fly it well in ATTI mode.

I haven't seen anything negative with it yet except replacement parts are not stocked in the US yet. Some are saying they are in the UK already but there are many other prop choices already.
You gonna try out different props?
Not a different size just a more rigid Graupner prop
Are you going with the 4s battery?

Rudeboy
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by Rudeboy » 16 Jan 2013, 22:07

I got my grauponers in the post today but waiting on a prop reamer as the holes are too small, although seen a post on RC Groups that a guy had tried them and reckoned he wasnt getting as much lift with the graupners, hopefully my reamer will show tomorrow and I'll get them fitted and try them out, weighed my Phantom with battery and FPV gear the other day and it came out at 945grams so just under max take off weight, getting flight times of just over 7mins!!

JG-rn
Chased the cat

Post by JG-rn » 17 Jan 2013, 14:22

HighGainTuning wrote:
JG-rn wrote:
HighGainTuning wrote:
JG-rn wrote:
HighGainTuning wrote:Manual mode has to be activated by connecting the Phantom to your PC and DJI software.
DJI does not want inexperienced flyers switching to manual mode out of the box and unless you are very proficient with flying Heli's I wouldn't switch to it until you can fly it well in ATTI mode.

I haven't seen anything negative with it yet except replacement parts are not stocked in the US yet. Some are saying they are in the UK already but there are many other prop choices already.
You gonna try out different props?
Not a different size just a more rigid Graupner prop
Are you going with the 4s battery?
No... no need. With the 3S in manual mode it is a rocket. DJI came out with a recent update to their manual to NOT use 4S batteries (not a surprise) and contacted RC-Drones to ask that he not publish on YouTube that he was running one so he pulled it.
Got my GoPro3 Black edition last night and ordered more receivers for my 10 channel TX and the FatShark Preditor V2 FPV today. Working on a high power 5.8GHz ground station since I have most of the equipment already from my WiFi company.
With 3s those motors will spin at 10,212rpm. With 4s they will spin at 13,616rpm. So you'd get more lift for heavier cargo, that's why I asked.

Not sure why dji says no to 4s. Maybe the esc's can't handle it m

jumanoc
Just flips over

Post by jumanoc » 19 Jan 2013, 03:53

Hi guys.

I just out box my phantom. Assembled it , follow DJI video how to first ....
1- Turn on control with throotle down.
2- Connect battery.... Sounds Ok,
3- wait init without move it.
... initial test begin and at the test end ... Lights keep flashing:

1 yellow, 3 red, 4 green. And repeats indefinideldly. Control is ok because i change from ATI to GPS mode and just sequence changes first color:
1 green, 3 red, 4 green. And repeats indefinideldly.

What is the meanning of those lights sequence?

Thanks for your help.

jumanoc
Just flips over

Post by jumanoc » 21 Jan 2013, 22:33

Thanks HGT, all is working, already calibrate Gyro, made CSC and spind motors. Got Hover and short test flight !. :mrgreen:

New questions:
1) I wanna buy 2 stock batteries, where can I get them?
2) This battery (recommended by dealer) can be charged directly with Phantom Stock charger? (balance connector is smaller, I think must connect to leftmost socket in charger?).

Or 3) Do I need another charger? which one?

harrysdrone
Newcomer

Post by harrysdrone » 22 Jan 2013, 09:51

Hi Guys,
Need your help please
i crashed my phantom yesterday no damage to the body but i cant seem to start the phantom all get is continues red green yellow?
so i connected to assistant set up and saw error 25. i calibrated with no luck. also some times i see this error in the image.

thanks in advance
Harry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rudeboy
Chased the cat

Post by Rudeboy » 22 Jan 2013, 14:52

new phantom naza assistant software and quick start manual out on the dji website!!

harrysdrone
Newcomer

Post by harrysdrone » 22 Jan 2013, 16:43

Thanks highgaintuning,
Any issues with replacing the compass from my friend phantom to check if that causing the problem ? Without harming his phantom and making mine even worse?
Sorry to keep asking but I'm new to hobby.

Cheers
Harry

Rudeboy
Chased the cat

Post by Rudeboy » 22 Jan 2013, 16:57

hey buddy install the new naza assistant and read the new manual etc as supposedly there's a compass fix in it somewhere, I haven't had time to go through it yet!!

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 22 Jan 2013, 16:59

jumanoc wrote:Thanks HGT, all is working, already calibrate Gyro, made CSC and spind motors. Got Hover and short test flight !. :mrgreen:

New questions:
2) This battery (recommended by dealer) can be charged directly with Phantom Stock charger? (balance connector is smaller, I think must connect to leftmost socket in charger?).

these lipo's are awesome!

I use that brand in my drone and my e-bike (7800mAh 14 cells)

they can actually handle the super fast charging/discharging rates without problems unlike some other brands

harrysdrone
Newcomer

Post by harrysdrone » 22 Jan 2013, 17:01

Thanks, will give it a try today... I'll keep you post guys
By the way this problem start after the crash

Rudeboy
Chased the cat

Post by Rudeboy » 22 Jan 2013, 17:06

3nslav3 wrote:
jumanoc wrote:Thanks HGT, all is working, already calibrate Gyro, made CSC and spind motors. Got Hover and short test flight !. :mrgreen:

New questions:

they can actually handle the super fast charging/discharging rates without problems unlike some other brands

yeah agreed I have 2 of the 2250mah ones, the thing here is that they wont work with the standard Phantom charger as the balance plug is different!!

Code74
Charged up again

Post by Code74 » 22 Jan 2013, 17:31

Rudeboy wrote:new phantom naza assistant software and quick start manual out on the dji website!!
Thanks for the heads up!
HT-450 merged into a HT-Flip FPV 1.3 vtx, Fatshark base goggles, Gopro 3, sony vtx cam

jumanoc
Just flips over

Post by jumanoc » 23 Jan 2013, 02:17

3nslav3 wrote:

New questions:

How do I charge this LiPo. Can I use phantom stock charger? Need an balance cable adapter? Can charge directly without connect balance cable? If not can use stock charger.... which one to use?

jumanoc
Just flips over

Post by jumanoc » 23 Jan 2013, 14:25

In other forum, people got Phantom's lowest jello effect balancing their proppellers (known everyone) but i saw they also are balancing their motors! :o
WDF?

Look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_yigvyssp ... ransparent