upair one

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
dean moore10
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

upair one

Post by dean moore10 » 06 Jan 2018, 12:19

hi I'm new to this, can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a main mother board for the upair one. I crashed it and the gimbal came off. this pulled the wires out of the connector on the gimbal. its a 6 wire lead 3 red 3 black. I have taken the drone apart to see what order they go in at the mother board end. I have put them back in the gimbal end connector the same as mother board end but when I started it up I got a burning smell. I turned off straight away and took the drone apart. what I found was a burnt out part on the mother board. any help would be most greatfull
many thanks
Dean

Subby
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: upair one

Post by Subby » 30 Nov 2018, 11:35

They are now available on Amazon actually. If you’re going to open it up and get that deep then you may want to make a few swaps and mods. For example, you can easily retrofit the phantom 3 motors to fit with just a little work. You can upgrade the gps, the transmitter to a 600mw, add a usb, and some fun stuff like...
I added a power cutoff with a servi that switches power between batteries and I also can drop a dead battery with a small parachute to save weight. Fed upgrade all antennae’s and isolate components like big resistors so they aren’t touching direct metal. Heat sink and micro fan the VTX. It uses very little power and does a lot of good. Heck, you can add avoidance sensors that’ll trigger an engine stop. And there is soooo much that you can do to the radio. Even if you don’t actually mod anything at least open it up and hot glue in some lead to give it proper weight. And swap those toggles to decent ones. Add a second battery to power small things like signal boosters, lighted switches, battery voltage indicator, etc. I even built in an led cluster into the back to light the ground at night as I walk. Oh and definitely add some strong LEDs to the quad to light up the ground (include on/off switch on the Rx) there’s soooo much fun and easy stuff aside from the usual like mission control and lipo mods and alll. Those are great but everyone knows about them. Heck, make your own retracting landing gear. It’s fairly easy to do.