What drones don't need a cell phone?

Other discussion of non-Parrot drones. 3drobotics, DJI, Team Black Sheep, QAV250, DIY drones... etc.
joedrone
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What drones don't need a cell phone?

Post by joedrone » 24 Mar 2018, 02:53

I don't have a cell phone and I don't plan on spending $800.00 for a phone just to control my drone when I buy it. Is there anybody out here who can tell me what drones there are that don't need an iPhone? I'm just starting out and could use a lot of help. Thanks everybody. Joedrone :roll:

joedrone
Newcomer

Re: What drones don't need a cell phone?

Post by joedrone » 14 Apr 2018, 18:15

Okay....Okay... after doing more research and a lot of cruising the net, I found a lot more drones that don't need an "Apple" product to function but, Dji phantom seems to be one of the best drones out there. They also are manufactured with "Apple" in mind. Their control app is designed especially for the Apple platform.... That's okay.... I guess.... Anybody out there use the "Droid" platform? Thx, joedrone
:|

joedrone
Newcomer

Post by joedrone » 18 May 2018, 23:28

Well..... had to send back my Phantom 4 Dji controller with "built-in" display because the remote did not boot up with the right display. I specifically ordered the " + " because I do not and will not purchase a $600 "phone" to pilot a decent drone. Oh well, got the next week off from work, we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 19 May 2018, 12:52

Hello,

it's indeed only worth it if you do not have to buy a smartphone. (These days people tend to have one anyway.)

From that point of view it's genius to use it as a remote control.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.