Login to disable ads!

New Drone?

Sharing your information about aviation, RC, FPV, regulations, any story or even complaints to Parrot global services.

Moderator: AR.Tommy

CMcHale
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Drone?

Post by CMcHale » 29 Sep 2019, 12:04

Hi everyone,

I've not flown a drone for a few years, previously I flew a DJI Phantom 3 Professional but nothing seriously as it was just to evaluate the technology for the company I worked for.

I'm giving serious thought into starting a part-time aerial photography business for real estate companies to make a bit of money on the side, the drone market is a lot bigger now there are a lot more options available.

I'm not particularly after an all singing all dancing drone and would appreciate any recommendations you could offer about what I should be looking at. Ideally I don't want to break the bank either!

Thanks in advance.

Mitch23
Newcomer
Drone Type: Anafi

Re: New Drone?

Post by Mitch23 » 10 Oct 2019, 18:14

Hi, DJI Mavic 2 is top-notch with around 30mins of flying time and speed of about 44mph. It is quite costly though. Parrot Bebop is a good choice if you are on a budget. It already has around 25mins of flying time and very good at capturing brilliant videos at full HD 14MP already.

Thrasherg
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Thrasherg » 12 Oct 2019, 17:31

Mitch fails to mention that Parrot is no longer manufacturing the Bebop2 so support (which was never great from Parrot) will become even weaker. I don't recommend looking at Parrot, but if you do either go for a Bebop2 knowing that support will be very weak or go for an ANAFI. I think DJI would make more sense if you want to do this commercially as you will have long term support, longer flight times and will continue to see improvements as DJI will continue to improve their products where as Parrot seem to have moved their focus to Military applications and commercial products seems to be dying.

Gary
Last edited by Thrasherg on 14 Oct 2019, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Parrot Bebop 2’s, Airborne Night, Mambo FPV, and a few cheap drones!

Mitch23
Newcomer
Drone Type: Anafi

Post by Mitch23 » 13 Oct 2019, 04:25

Oh yeah forgot to mention should be Parrot Bebop 2 not the previous one. :D You may check this good review for reference.

Return to “General - Parrot / New Products / Info / Story / Complaints”