tbrennan97
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Drone Identification

Post by tbrennan97 » 21 Nov 2018, 13:53

Hi There,

A few friends and i are currently working on a project that would only allow the drone to be operated by specified users which are registered to that drone. otherwise the drone will not function. would this be something that people would be interested in? since we see drones as expensive investments (many used in different businesses across the world) this would help eliminate theft or damage to the drone via an untrained pilot operating the equipment. please let me know what you guys think

waterlanding
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Drone Identification

Post by waterlanding » 22 Nov 2018, 01:31

tbrennan97 wrote:
21 Nov 2018, 13:53
Hi There,

A few friends and i are currently working on a project that would only allow the drone to be operated by specified users which are registered to that drone. otherwise the drone will not function. would this be something that people would be interested in? since we see drones as expensive investments (many used in different businesses across the world) this would help eliminate theft or damage to the drone via an untrained pilot operating the equipment. please let me know what you guys think
Why not simple add a password to your drone and only users with that password will be able to connect? That function is already built in.

Also, I registered my drone with the FAA, put the hull numbers on it - with a second label stating
"If found, please return to: cell: XXX-XXX-XXXX; text: XXX-XXX-XXXX.

After a fly-away, the FAA registration will make a thief think twice, and contact info is always necessary to get a lost drone back. With the password set, the finder won't be able to fly it anyway.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Drone Identification

Post by AR.Tommy » 24 Nov 2018, 08:14

Random Fun Fact: In Germany you have to provide your contact details on a fire resistant plate by law when the drone (or any model airplane) weights more than 250g.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.