Batteries merging mod

Mods for Bebop, Bebop 2 and even the Skycontroller.
chapi22
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Batteries merging mod

Post by chapi22 » 08 Dec 2018, 11:47

Hi everyone,
I got a Bebop 1 and 6 genuine batteries , do you think it's possible to merge the cells of 1 battery to 3 others ? For those hi capacity batteries, is the PCB inside is made only for 1100mAh ?

waterlanding
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Batteries mod

Post by waterlanding » 08 Dec 2018, 13:06

chapi22 wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 11:47
Hi everyone,
I got a Bebop 1 and 6 genuine batteries , do you think it's possible to merge the cells of 1 battery to 3 others ? For those hi capacity batteries, is the PCB inside is made only for 1100mAh ?
Lipos can't be safely paralleled without elaborate balancing circuitry. They're not like "normal" batteries.

Double the weight and you'll double the power required to lift the drone, which will double the discharge rate. The net gain in flight time equals zero. And a Bebop really doesn't perform well with much extra weight.

High-top third party batteries are the only practical solution for extending your flight time. Here's a link to a good 2500mah I use quite frequently. It'll give you about 18 minutes of flight.
https://www.amazon.com/Anbee-2500mAh-Ca ... ne+battery

chapi22
Newcomer

Re: Batteries merging mod

Post by chapi22 » 08 Dec 2018, 20:17

By any chance, did you already open one of those ? To know the capacity of the cell or the amount of cell in the battery ? because, it looks like, they only add more cells (2 or 3), which is possible giving the size of the battery you showed me
Because, at the moment, I'm in Vietnam, and its very hard for me to order anything by Internet, the post is unreliable, thats why, I'd like to mod mine

chapi22
Newcomer

Post by chapi22 » 08 Dec 2018, 20:21

In kinda way, I won't double the weight of the drone, I'd like to add one or couple of cell on a battery (every genuine battery contain 3 cells), so the weight of the battery will not double, do you know if the PCB of the genuine one is the same than the one you showed me ?

waterlanding
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by waterlanding » 09 Dec 2018, 13:21

chapi22 wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 20:21
In kinda way, I won't double the weight of the drone, I'd like to add one or couple of cell on a battery (every genuine battery contain 3 cells), so the weight of the battery will not double, do you know if the PCB of the genuine one is the same than the one you showed me ?
Again, Lipos are not like normal batteries. You can't just parallel the cells without elaborate circuitry. That's a real good way to get them to burst into flames.

The battery I recommended is 3 cell. They're just bigger. The discharge/balance board in the battery is different than Parrot's. That PCB is not necessary if you use a balancing charger. Some 3rd party batteries (GiFi) don't even have that circuitry. All that board does is extend the life of your battery by keeping the cells balanced during discharge and storage.

Weight: The Bebop is not a cargo drone. It doesn't take much extra weight (only a few ounces) to adversely affect it's performance.