Fish eye picture

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
knockerhero
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fish eye picture

Post by knockerhero » 10 Nov 2018, 17:35

Hi all. Just bought myself bepop2. Love it and love the videos.

An issue I’m having is the pictures are all in fish eye. I have been into settings and you can change the video settings. I can’t seem to find how to change the picture though. I read somewhere you can do RAW shots which I know fish eye is but I would like to do some simple JPEGS.

would appreciate any help on how I can change this.

Thanks

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Fish eye picture

Post by AR.Tommy » 11 Nov 2018, 09:58

Hello and welcome to the board,

best thing is to play with the image settings in your flight app. You do not need to fly to try this. Just turn on the bebop and take photos in different settings.

This thread will give you more insight how and why: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9777
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

waterlanding
Just flips over

Post by waterlanding » 11 Nov 2018, 13:39

knockerhero wrote:
10 Nov 2018, 17:35
Hi all. Just bought myself bepop2. Love it and love the videos.

An issue I’m having is the pictures are all in fish eye. I have been into settings and you can change the video settings. I can’t seem to find how to change the picture though. I read somewhere you can do RAW shots which I know fish eye is but I would like to do some simple JPEGS.
To change settings to take simple JPG Snapshots (1920 X 1080), connect to your drone, open FFPro, go to the Fly & Film screen. On the top center of the screen (slightly to the right) there's an icon that looks like 2 vertical bars. Tap it.

Now you're in the camera settings screen. Tap the camera icon (top center left) to toggle between still and video. Select the Still camera and, a new setting icon will appear on the top left of your screen. Tap it and it will bring down a menu of still camera modes.

Select JPG Snap. It's the only setting that gives you normal, undistorted photos directly. The resolution is only about 2 meg, but it takes nice, normal pictures.

Happy flying!

knockerhero
Newcomer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by knockerhero » 11 Nov 2018, 23:58

Water landing.

Thank you so much for your hands on help. Really appreciate it. It solved the issue of not being able to take standard stills.

After trying fisheye a bit this weekend I have actually got some good shots using so great to have all options now available.

Thanks so much.

Matt