Return to Home

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Richard6heart
Newcomer
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Return to Home

Post by Richard6heart » 05 Jun 2018, 23:49

As a new owner can someone please answer the following for me:

Should my drone lose connection and return to home kicks in, will it fly back to (a) where it was switched on, (b) where it first took off or (c) where it last took off?

I ask as I live in a house surrounded by trees and next to a large common. I usually switch my drone on inside the house to callibrate it, then go into the garden to take off and check controls at a height of about two metres, then land and walk under some very tall trees out to the common, without switching off, and take off again there.

In the event of a problem I don't wish to find out the hard way if "home" in rth is not where I expect it to be as there could be a large tree in the way!

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Apolonio
Ready for take off

Re: Return to Home

Post by Apolonio » 08 Jun 2018, 01:59

It'll return to it's launch area, you can turn it on and walk outside and it'll return to the auctal take off area.

Enjoy the hobby, it's very exciting.

Paul

SAVAGE_WOODSMAN
Newcomer

Post by SAVAGE_WOODSMAN » 21 Jun 2018, 19:34

I too am new and wondering about line of sight? If I fly it out..drop behind trees..and say..fly above the river for that perfect picture but it loses signal..Will it return to a safe height..or will it 180° and try to come straight back.possibly,well..most definitly..hitting lower level trees...or will it go up to a certain height and come back saftly? Any reply will be appreciated.

Richard6heart
Newcomer

Post by Richard6heart » 22 Jun 2018, 12:47

Thanks to Paul for his reply to my earlier query. In reply to Savage Woodman's question rth will send the drone up to 20 metres then return to home in a direct line to its take off point.
For scenarios where the drone has lost altitude during normal flight (such as on a steep hillside) I believe it will elevate up to 20 metres beyond launch height. There are some very useful videos you can check out by googling "bebop drone rth" or similar for more info.........

SAVAGE_WOODSMAN
Newcomer

Post by SAVAGE_WOODSMAN » 22 Jun 2018, 17:04

AWESOME!.. thanks brotha. I watched the bid today for the first time that mentioned what yousaid.. the return to 20 meters them..mmm the most A to B point back home. I justy have to make sure there's nothing higher then 20 meters between me and my bebop.if so I'll have to resume control as soon as it comes back on line.thanks for the info...can you direct me to or tell me if there's a way to change my controller configuration???..I fly and game inverted..so I need to change my stick lay out on my sky command black or 2 what ever its called for my bebop 2 fpv..I need up to be down and down to be up,and change rigjt to left and left to right of possible... any reply will be appreciated!

Richard6heart
Newcomer

Post by Richard6heart » 22 Jun 2018, 22:56

Reply to SAVAGE_WOODSMAN. Sorry I am only a novice pilot and not very tech savvy either. However I believe you can reassign control buttons relatively easily , as before try googling such as "Bebop2 button reassignment." Good luck!

SAVAGE_WOODSMAN
Newcomer

Post by SAVAGE_WOODSMAN » 23 Jun 2018, 19:21

:D thanks again brotha..I races rd cars and trucks for yrs..dirt and carpet. I'm pretty good at flying it's the technical part that throws this ol man off..lol.. thanks, i'll look it up!