qgroundcontrol help!

Problems of AR Drone 2.0, Freeflight 2, Flight Recorder GPS, Qgroundcontrol... etc.
nivag
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

qgroundcontrol help!

Post by nivag » 02 Feb 2014, 17:53

Just purchased GPS unit and have been trying to get to grips with autonomous flight using qgroundcontrol 1.10 running on laptop.

I would like to know if anyone has had any issues where after clicking launch the drone takes off about 1/2 Metre above the ground then banks left loosing height until crashing into ground (flight lasts no more than 30 seconds), Or sometimes it will take off and then flip over into the ground?
I have set up waypoints but drone never flies toward waypoints and just crashes each time.
I have searched for an answer on net and found someone who had a similar issue when rotors were bent except don't think they can be in this case as drone flies perfectly with AR.Freeflight and AR.Pro2 using phone or tablet.

I am looking for help with this issue and am interested to find out if anyone has seen the same behaviour using the qgroundcontrol software

Flyin_Blind
Newcomer

Re: qgroundcontrol help!

Post by Flyin_Blind » 05 Feb 2014, 03:55

After you enter your wayward points, are you pressing 'Set' in the lower right hand corner of your screen. That uploads those points to the drone. I've uh...*ahem* witnessed such behavior if you launch it without pressing 'Set'.

brycol24
Newcomer

Post by brycol24 » 02 Mar 2014, 04:01

Can anyone tell me on QGroundControl V2.1.0.....how on earth to set the waypoint to the drone? I have searched hours and not luck.

I can set the way points but just can't write them to my drone.

Brian

brycol24
Newcomer

Post by brycol24 » 03 Mar 2014, 02:33

There is not SET button!

This is getting really maddening....

rangercaptain
Just flips over

Post by rangercaptain » 04 Mar 2014, 00:35

connect drone to laptop wifi
start qgc
go to mission planner
set up map
click set button__sends waypoints to drone gps module
click get button-shows what waypoints are stored in gps--
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.