Aussie Roll Call!

Australia
DaZa
I've been hit!!
Posts: 4113
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 02:32
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Aussie Roll Call!

Post by DaZa » 30 Dec 2012, 03:00

Come on all you closet Aussie Drone addicts out there, how about a shout out to say hi and let us all know where in OZ you are located.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I'm an AR Drone addict. It's been 12 hours since my last flight :lol:

marcus621000
Batterys getting low
Posts: 784
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 08:37
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: melbourne

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by marcus621000 » 01 Jan 2013, 07:17

Im here daza,and yes i cant fly either windy again.

l3gendluk3
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Jan 2013, 11:08
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by l3gendluk3 » 17 Jan 2013, 14:20

Hi my name is Luke and I'm a ar-aholic.

Everyone else: "Hi Luke."

I live in Perth and love my ar drone 2.0 so much I invested money into buying 2 chargers with 2 battery's each so I could charge 2 battery's while flying! Oh did I mention I'm 15?

I'm also an alcoholic and a drug addict.

Shaft
Charged up again
Posts: 1186
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 16:09
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Shaft » 17 Jan 2013, 15:51

DaZa wrote:Come on all you closet Aussie Drone addicts out there, how about a shout out to say hi and let us all know where in OZ you are located.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I'm an AR Drone addict. It's been 12 hours since my last flight :lol:
Also in Perth and loving the Drone. I think the fun for me comes from every flight being totally different and the video feed to the iPad 2 gives me instant feedback. Also get to capture some great video...

User avatar
Dronecrasher
Spying is fun
Posts: 690
Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 14:05
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: Calgary

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Dronecrasher » 17 Jan 2013, 16:47

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmmmmm well i thought i lived in the same
INSITITUTION as Daza
but according to my Dr.(if i could only remember that guys name lol)
i live in CANADA lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DaZa
I've been hit!!
Posts: 4113
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 02:32
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by DaZa » 17 Jan 2013, 22:13

Errr speak for yourself... my other personality does! :lol:

hastarin
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 13:15
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by hastarin » 23 Jun 2013, 03:27

I've just bought the AR Drone 2 and after a few flights yesterday am researching what I can.

I love some of the mods that are being done out there. Ideal for me would be to have one of these guys autonomously following me as I ride my bike.

For now I'll settle for recording some nice video of my local parks though.

Shaft
Charged up again
Posts: 1186
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 16:09
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Shaft » 23 Jun 2013, 03:37

hastarin wrote:I've just bought the AR Drone 2 and after a few flights yesterday am researching what I can.

I love some of the mods that are being done out there. Ideal for me would be to have one of these guys autonomously following me as I ride my bike.

For now I'll settle for recording some nice video of my local parks though.
Welcome, you will have a lot of fun with your AR. Prop straightness is really important so check out the thread on how to straighten. The Wiki in the top rhc is full of good stuff.

Beeworld
Just flips over
Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 06:19
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Beeworld » 23 Jun 2013, 05:34

G'day y'all ...

Looks like an old thread, but I too am an AR-aholic. Melbourne, Australia ... And it's been one hour since my last flight ... (Shakes back under control!)

:D

hastarin
Newcomer
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 13:15
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by hastarin » 26 Jun 2013, 03:32

Well with a under a dozen flights under my belt I'm now spending more time reading/researching than I am flying. :)

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that this AR Drone 2 will end up being replaced when I have a steady income again and this hobby is going to consume more time than anything.

I'm about to make a trip to the local Bunnings for some cable ties, and the EB Games for some spare props since mine are already getting more than a few nicks and scrapes.

Here was one of my more recent flights. I didn't have USB recording working and forgot to record the next flight.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/y9rSHPcIIPI

If anyone lives over my way (Tarneit/Point Cook) and would like to meet up one weekend let me know. I realize I have a LOT to learn and would love the opportunity to learn from those that have gone before me.

Bestia
Newcomer
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Jul 2013, 05:19
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Bestia » 08 Jul 2013, 05:25

Hey Guys - New AR operator here ....

And DaZa - Thanks for your blog, I spent last night reading all your AR posts, go the Golden B.B

Shaft
Charged up again
Posts: 1186
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 16:09
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Shaft » 08 Jul 2013, 09:59

hastarin wrote:Well with a under a dozen flights under my belt I'm now spending more time reading/researching than I am flying. :)

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that this AR Drone 2 will end up being replaced when I have a steady income again and this hobby is going to consume more time than anything.

I'm about to make a trip to the local Bunnings for some cable ties, and the EB Games for some spare props since mine are already getting more than a few nicks and scrapes.

Here was one of my more recent flights. I didn't have USB recording working and forgot to record the next flight.

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/v/y9rSHPcIIPI

If anyone lives over my way (Tarneit/Point Cook) and would like to meet up one weekend let me know. I realize I have a LOT to learn and would love the opportunity to learn from those that have gone before me.
Welcome and nice flying. I hope you have many hours of fun filled flying and believe me you will get hocked...

Shaft
Charged up again
Posts: 1186
Joined: 21 Dec 2012, 16:09
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Shaft » 08 Jul 2013, 10:06

Bestia wrote:Hey Guys - New AR operator here ....

And DaZa - Thanks for your blog, I spent last night reading all your AR posts, go the Golden B.B
Welcome Bestia, good to have you in the Aussie corner...

Beeworld
Just flips over
Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 06:19
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Beeworld » 09 Jul 2013, 10:29

Welcome Hastarin, but be warned, an expensive hobby, not to mention potentially straining a marriage :D

Happy flying!

Beeworld
Just flips over
Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Jan 2013, 06:19
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Aussie Roll Call!

Post by Beeworld » 09 Jul 2013, 10:30

Ditto to Bestia!

Welcome!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest