Hong Kong spare parts store

Australia
rogueqd
Up and hovering

Hong Kong spare parts store

Post by rogueqd » 29 Oct 2010, 11:47

Since this is the Aussie section, I'd like to recommend the Hong Kong store for spare parts. The US store won't ship here and the "Aussie" amazon store seems to be out of stock of everything.

The HK store doesn't have everything in stock either, and their prices are a bit higher than the US, but they had a main board for me! The shipping seems to be next business day, I ordered today (Friday) and the FedEx eta is close of business Monday, sweet.

I called them for a chat as I didn't trust ordering from HK via the web page. They were very helpful and took my order over the phone, they confirmed my address via email to save any confusion.

They're getting a big order of parts in on Monday, although those are all filling back orders. I ordered some other spare parts (gears etc) and they said they'd have them to ship around the end of next week, so hopefully they'll build up some stock levels soon.

http://ardrone.parrotshopping.com/hk/p_ ... _main.aspx

rcpilot
Chased the cat

Re: Hong Kong spare parts store

Post by rcpilot » 29 Oct 2010, 13:21

Yes and I got my parts in 2 days with fedex too from Expansys HK :D

There is also this site now for Aussies

http://astore.amazon.com/ardroaus-20

rogueqd
Up and hovering

Re: Hong Kong spare parts store

Post by rogueqd » 01 Nov 2010, 14:42

I've been doing some spare parts math, after reading the "Have you done the math" thread. Here's a comparison..

I'm using the Body Set or Bottom Structure as it's one of the few parts that you can actually buy from the "aussie" amazon site. All prices are AUD and don't inc freight.

Part as a % of total drone cost: 9%
Cost when purchased as part of a new drone: $28.93
Cost from Amazon ardroaus-20: $49.99 (that is USD, so call it ~$52)
Cost from Expansys HK: $56.50

The cost of the entire drone bought as spare parts from Expansys is $620!! My original drone cost $317.85. Their freight is quite expensive too and they don't have a cheap sea mail option.

So if you're stuck and need a quick part, spares are an option, but have a think about buying a 2nd drone before you hand over your cash.