Problem with no wifi or system light!

Problems of AR Drone 1.0, Freeflight 1.
ibardi
Ready for take off

Post by ibardi » 01 Dec 2010, 20:55

Hi guys i am new to this site and i have a huge problem with my Ar Drone after the 21st flight. I have been flying my Ar Drone in my schools gym in a huge space with the outdoor hull. I have set the program etc. I have been flying perfectly safe, then my battery ran out and then i put in my extra (official) battery. Ive been flying it for a couple of minutes when it suddenly dropped out of the air and crashed terribly. Nothing really happened physically, but after the crash that happened because of the connection getting lost my Ar Drone would not send out WiFi. I tried everything, but nothing happened. Then after 20 minutes i tried again connected and took off and yet again it dropped out of the air. Connection lost again.

Now the Wifi doesn't show up if i plug in the battery, neither does the system Led light in any color. The 4 motor leds work and shine in red.
I would need to know what is it that is messed up in my Drone because i have to choose wether to send it to France form Hungary, which is pricy, or just buy the new part, probably a motherboard (100 euros).

PLEASE help me figure out the source of the problem, i want to use it as i just got it.

:D :D :D Thanks in advance, :D :D :D
:) :) :) István Bárdi :) :) :)

P.S: I have uploaded a document with pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matrix961
Strange wobble
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Problem with no wifi or system light!

Post by matrix961 » 01 Dec 2010, 22:39

How high was it when it dropped? It's possible the connectors on the mainboard could be loose. I would take it apart then reseat the connectors. You can follow the mainboard replacement video on the parrot site to do this.

http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-dro ... r-ar.drone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

matrix961

ibardi
Ready for take off

Post by ibardi » 01 Dec 2010, 23:23

Thankfully it was really low 0.5 meters of the ground. Speed was high. The tilt was set up around 25 ish and when it crashed it was a nasty one. Before that there was 1 higher crash from like 1.5 - 2 meters.

matrix961
Strange wobble
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by matrix961 » 01 Dec 2010, 23:37

I would definitely just check and reconnect the mainboard connectors. Just be very careful when you do, the mainboard connectors can be damaged since they are small.

matrix961

mf25053
Just flips over

Post by mf25053 » 02 Dec 2010, 00:22

bad main board. nothing shy of either replacing the board or a solder reflow to tack the P6 chip back down is going to fix it.

call tech support, they'll take care of it

ibardi
Ready for take off

UPDATE: on NO WIFI or SYSTEM LIGHT

Post by ibardi » 06 Dec 2010, 23:54

UPDATE: i took it apart and re connected everything and after so fooling around i have took of and after 5 sec itdropped out of the air again. Connection gets lost. Btw system light is now sometimes working,but wifi flys away every 10 secs. It doesnt respond to restart or u pair buttons. When it took of it went to the right height therefore the problem should be the motherboard no? Motors work fine aswell. I could even control it for like 2 seconds :-)

PLS help me figure out what tne problem is. Usually when the battery is plugged in the system light flashes fast and stay off. Sometimes it goes red and after green, but thats rare.

Hi guys i am new to this site and i have a huge problem with my Ar Drone after the 21st flight. I have been flying my Ar Drone in my schools gym in a huge space with the outdoor hull. I have set the program etc. I have been flying perfectly safe, then my battery ran out and then i put in my extra (official) battery. Ive been flying it for a couple of minutes when it suddenly dropped out of the air and crashed terribly. Nothing really happened physically, but after the crash that happened because of the connection getting lost my Ar Drone would not send out WiFi. I tried everything, but nothing happened. Then after 20 minutes i tried again connected and took off and yet again it dropped out of the air. Connection lost again.

Now the Wifi doesn't show up if i plug in the battery, neither does the system Led light in any color. The 4 motor leds work and shine in red.
I would need to know what is it that is messed up in my Drone because i have to choose wether to send it to France form Hungary, which is pricy, or just buy the new part, probably a motherboard (100 euros).

PLEASE help me figure out the source of the problem, i want to use it as i just got it.

Thanks in advance,
István Bárdi

rcpilot
Chased the cat

Post by rcpilot » 07 Dec 2010, 00:39

Replace the mainboard

ibardi
Ready for take off

Post by ibardi » 25 Jan 2011, 16:57

Hi guys! I just thought i would say that i brought a new motherboard and installed it! Now my drone works again!

TVH7
Ready for take off

Post by TVH7 » 25 Jan 2011, 18:38

Wow I have the same problem but I dont crashed ore fall out the sky so whats the problem of this :( ?? I have garantee so I will call parrot :(

Bananaman61
Newcomer

Post by Bananaman61 » 31 Jan 2011, 19:07

A similar thing happened to me yesterday. A mild crash (on grass), and then no Control link. After taking it back in, dismantled and check the motherboard connectors etc. nothing showed any problem, and there is no damage on the drone itself.

My findings with it are:

If I leave it unconnected for an hour or so, then on reconnecting the battery, the lights come on (red) and after a 'normal' delay, the system light (and the rotor lights) go green. My iPhone can see the drone, but when connected, it shows an IP of 169.254.60.215, and no router address. This is obviously wrong, and doesn't do anything for me. (I have tried resetting, unpairing, forgetting the network etc etc to no avail.)

So I disconnect the battery, wait about 30 seconds, and reconnect. Now the system light doesn't come on at all (actually it flashes red very quickly, then off), but the rotor lights do come on red.

So wait another hour or so, then .... (back up 2 paragraphs).

I am assuming it is a motherboard failure, and I have emailed Parrot support. And that's it. Sadly I'll now have to sit and wait (unless anyone here has a magic suggestion).

And it was al going so well .... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nigel

keng2000
Newcomer

Post by keng2000 » 04 Feb 2011, 17:37

Nigel. I got the same problem. How did you manage to solve yours?

seawell
Ready for take off

Post by seawell » 04 Feb 2011, 18:23

I reset the Drone with reset button on bottom of it. It corrected the address. Good luck!

b.mc1980
Newcomer

Post by b.mc1980 » 22 Feb 2011, 15:45

I have had the same problem. Happened while FreeFlight was updating the drone. Everthing was going fine until it asked me to restart the drone. Then all stoped from there. No system light and no Wifi. Have tried everthing on the ar.drone support site and nothing. Any help would be great!

Bananaman61
Newcomer

Post by Bananaman61 » 03 Mar 2011, 14:19

Sorry all - should have posted my resolution earlier. Eventually I called Parrot, and they told me to take it back into HMV (the UK retailer) who would send it off to Parrot for diagnosis/repair.

So I took it down (armed with receipt), and the nice gentleman there asked if I would like a replacement (somehow I forgot to mention the "HMV will send it back to Parrot for repair" bit :o ). I, of course, leapt at the opportunity, and now I am the proud possessor of a nice replacement, which flies, if anything, even better that the original (when it was working, that is).

Interestingly, the assistant in HMV told me I was the first customer he had ever encountered, who had:

1. Talked to the manufacturer before bringing it back;
2. Put it back in its original packing;
3. Included everything;
4. Brought the receipt with me.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And he even made sure I got the same colours!

Nigel

high_flyer
Ready for take off

Post by high_flyer » 24 Apr 2011, 06:34

im having the exact same problem... sometimes i can get a long fly out of it but sometimes the cameras dont want to work and it doesnt seem to stabilize or hover in one spot, seems that replacing the main board is the fix for it...

say if one was unable to obtain his receipt anymore (i lost it :/) would the only fix to buy a new mainboard or would you still contact parrot about this issue?