Ordered a Power battery charger and Power 3350 mAh battery, almost 30 minutes flight

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Ordered a Power battery charger and Power 3350 mAh battery, almost 30 minutes flight

Post by Apolonio » 23 Jul 2018, 06:29

Placed and received an order from Parrot store for my Bebop2, 4 day delivery very impressed.

The power charger is 13.05V/3.5A output, stock Bebop2 charger will not fully charge a power battery. So ordered both, Power charger and Power battery.

First two flights, almost 30 minutes each just several seconds from 30 minutes. Long range flights, wasn't pushing it and was not babying it either.

May purchase another Power battery this week, noticed prices arw extreamly low on several items. A lot lower than eBay, overall very pleased with my first Parrot store purshase.

Paul

asmith61
Ready for take off

Re: Ordered a Power battery charger and Power 3350 mAh battery, almost 30 minutes flight

Post by asmith61 » 22 Oct 2018, 21:49

Hi Paul
Very interested in this I have a bb2 I purchased second hand it came with 3 batteries which only last for some 8 minutes each, I have since bought a new genuine parrot battery which is excellent £59 just wondered how much you paid for the power charger and battery and if you had a link?

Many thanks in advance :D

dries_w
Ready for take off

Re: Ordered a Power battery charger and Power 3350 mAh battery, almost 30 minutes flight

Post by dries_w » 23 Oct 2018, 08:27

PLease pay attention -before you loose your BB2- to the text on the official Parrot site (https://www.parrot.com/us/spareparts/dr ... op-2-power) :
"This new 3350 mAh Power LiPo battery lets you fly up to 30 minutes. To charge a Power (or HD) battery to 100%, you must use a HD charger. This battery must only be used with Parrot Bebop 2 Power, Parrot Bebop-Pro 3D Modeling and Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal and no other Parrot drone or device. "

It will fly but youre warant is gone when you loose your BB2 flying with these Battery's and you may damage your BB2 imho because of the higher voltage.
Last edited by dries_w on 23 Oct 2018, 13:55, edited 2 times in total.
BB2 since december 2015 - iPhoine - Xiaomi WiFi extender - allways latest updates

waterlanding
Just flips over

Post by waterlanding » 23 Oct 2018, 13:49

The Bebop 2 Power Edition uses the same motherboard as the standard Bebop 2. You can't hurt it with a PE battery. The actual cutoff voltage is 13.5 volts on both models.

Since the motherboard is the same, and the PE battery is compatible, it may not affect the warranty. Remember, flying with any third-party battery voids your warranty. Your new battery is a genuine Parrot part. :)

Things to watch: The PE battery is a little heavier. That will add extra inertia when turning and stopping, so be careful with fast maneuvering until you get the hand of it.

Starting at a higher voltage will keep the (already screwy) battery readout in FFPro at 100% for the first few minutes of flight (until the battery reaches 12.2 volts). Don't worry about it - that's your extra time right there. If you run the battery down to that last 30% (or so) land immediately. The low end of your battery will discharge even faster than a standard battery because of the weight.

Enjoy your extra flight time!

Bebop.ca
Newcomer

Post by Bebop.ca » 26 Oct 2018, 04:18

I would also recommend purchasing a 3rd party charger that does liHV as the factory Parrot chargers are not proper balanced chargers. Also a good 3rd party charger will allow you to charge/discharge the battery to proper storage voltage. Both of these things will greatly increase the life of your batteries.

hogshawrabbit
Ready for take off

Post by hogshawrabbit » 27 Oct 2018, 15:53

If you intend to use a LiHV battery you will need a charger that is compatible the one I have below is fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turnigy-Accuce ... J7N1EB3JS1

But you will need a power supply too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/13-8V-200W-Ben ... PR1T69D4BV

And a cable from MrKent.com who sells or describes how to make your own.

Mike