Connecting two 1800mAh Parallel to Bebop 1, in theory should work anyone see an issue going parallel?

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2
Has thanked: 0

Connecting two 1800mAh Parallel to Bebop 1, in theory should work anyone see an issue going parallel?

Post by Apolonio » 26 Jun 2018, 16:00

My first Bebop 1 flight time was low, have a refurbished model ordered and thinking of connecting two 1800mAh batteries Parallel to the new Bebop 1, in theory should work anyone see an issue it going parallel?

Doubling the capacity while maintaining voltage, if i can get 20 minutes with this setup it'll be great using bebop 1 for long range flights. My first bebop 1 had the potential of long range, but had to always return early before the battery died. Several times had to land early on route back, would be nice having confidence knowing bebop 1 can make the same long distance flights as my Bebop2.

I've tried a single 2500mAh battery on my first bebop 1, flights were about 1-2 minutes longer at most compared to a 1800mAh battery but still wasn't enough get out beyond 2400 meters and back safely. That was my limit, 2400 meters then had to turn back due to battery. I know if I can increase the capacity, it'll reach 3450 meters in an area my Bebop2 easily gets.

Appreatite the help, thanks for taking the time to view.

Paul (Apolonio)