Tracking Lost Bebop 2

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
ArtW
Battery Charged
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Tracking Lost Bebop 2

Post by ArtW » 16 Jun 2018, 05:16

I launched my Bebop 2 w/SC2 w/flight plan. After about 930 feet out it apparently crashed to a tall stand of trees. The attached pic show I believe the spot where the drone crashed in to upper trees. A week later my Flight Plan still shows 17% Bebop power and 58% SC2 power. It also shows the location at 936 feet but 0 feet altitude.

When I walk to the stand of trees the Flight Plan location decreases from 930 ft to 11 feet but stays a 0 feet altitude.
Have looked all around on ground with no results. Have stared at tree tops for hours without seeing it.

So I have questions for you veteran pilots:

1. Would my Bebop 2 battery still show 17% after a week in the trees ? Or is it just frozen image on my Flight Plan screen even if the distance changes as I walk towards the expected location ?

2. If it is in the tree tops wouldn't the altitude show 60 or 70 feet vs zero ?

3. If Battery was still on shortly after crash wouldn't I get its WiFi signal if I was under it or close by it ?

4. Do you believe the drone location on the pic is accurate location or does GPS not accurately show last location or crash location ?

Thank you for your review and comments ! Art
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Re: Tracking Lost Bebop 2

Post by AR.Tommy » 16 Jun 2018, 06:01

1.) Since the picture shows "not connected" all the data is "frozen". There is no change at all that the battery has still 17%. The bebop could even be somewhere else. (if it did fly away after the loss of connection)

2.) yes, but you could not see it without connection. Consider all the information as "last known state".

3.) probably, but not necessarily.

4.) should be pretty accurate. Please note that the distance is always calculated between you (the control device, to be precise) and the (last known) GPS position of the Bebop. Because of this the distance decreased and the (last known) altitude stayed the same.

Did you you see crash? In my personal estimate you lost the connection over the trees and the Bebop followed the path.
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

ArtW
Battery Charged

Post by ArtW » 16 Jun 2018, 15:06

Thank you for commenting. I didn't see crash. 1. Is zero altitude telling me it is on the ground ? If on ground I guess it is possible to fall from trees and record last GPS on ground. It seems to show last location on pic in trees and on flight path. 2. Is it likely that after showing last GPS location over or in trees that it would fly away ?

3. If a fly away from last connection I would lose final GPS marker and it could be anywhere ? Correct ? 4. Or fly away would return home unless it hit something on return while not connected so no GPS to help locate. Correct ?

Apolonio
Ready for take off

Post by Apolonio » 17 Jun 2018, 23:21

It's probably in the trees, happened to me once before drone blended in with the branches and leaves. Wasn't until several day's of looking, seen a glimpse of a prop then was able to make out the drone.

With rope and horse shoe, snaged the branch it was on and worked it off the branch.

Good luck, it's probably still in the tree.

Apolonio