Sky Controller (Black version) fly aways? Had a couple

Questions and answers about Bebop, Bebop 2 and the Parrot Skycontroller.
Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Sky Controller (Black version) fly aways? Had a couple

Post by Apolonio » 13 Jun 2018, 21:09

Recently, picked up a great deal with a used strap on Sky controller and Bebop2. Seller did mention sky controller had issues with left joy stick, and it did but I was able to repair the joy stick issue.

Don't have a computer to upgrade the firmware, only internet access is a cell phone. Currently has software version 1.6.5., Using Freefight Pro app. First few flights were great, distance about 1400 meters not quite the range as my Sky Controller 2 but good enough.

Had a few disconnects and it always reconnected while returning, then it happened. Disconnect around 1400 meters out, silence for the longest period. Realized it's not returning, had plenty of battery strength left on Bebop2.

I searched the area of it's last GPS location, Freeflight Pro has this feature. It had to have flown away, it wasn't in the area of it's last reported location which was farm land.

Have read others having fly always similar to mine, and I think it too was with a Sky Controller the big strap on type.

Is this common with Sky Controllers? Or, is it because I need to upgrade the firmware? Don't have any issues with the smaller sky controller 2 type, but it would be nice to find out there is something I can do to fix this issue with the big strap on Sky Controller type. Luckly, have other bebop models and a Sky controller 2 to fly with.

Any help will be a warn welcome,
Apolonio

Apolonio
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: Sky Controller (Black version) fly aways? Had a couple

Post by Apolonio » 13 Jun 2018, 21:15

Forgot to add I lost another Bebop with same black box Sky Controller, was out about 1000 meters lost connection. Drone wasn't at it's last GPS connection, assuming it flew away didn't return to launch area.

I'm sticking with the Sky Conntroller 2 here on out, its reliable no issues what so ever.

Apolonio