Moderator: blorincz

blorincz
Chased the cat
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Now available, the RC Eye One (RTF) Mini Quad

Post by blorincz » 16 Jun 2013, 06:45

About two months ago a fellow flyer brought a mini quadcopter out to the field, and after seeing this thing fly around I had to give it a try. I was instantly hooked! Two days later I bought one for myself. Not only has it been an absolute blast flying this little thing, but my piloting skills have improved because of it. That made me think being able to offer a mini quad to Drone Mods customers would be a great idea. So I have spent the last six weeks testing half a dozen different types on a mission to find the best one, and I believe I have...the RC Eye One from RCLogger. Believe me when I tell you, in the $50-$80 range, the RC Eye One is the hands down winner.

I am excited to announce Drone Mods is the newest authorized distributor for the RC Eye One. As a result of my new relationship with RCLogger, they have supplied me with a dozen RC Eye One's at a reduced price. They normally retail for $69.99, but for Drone Mods customers they are $49.99.

Check out the product details and a couple YouTube videos. Get yours today!

http://drone-mods.com/RC-Eye-One-Mini-Quad-RCL001.htm

www.Drone-Mods.com || info@drone-mods.com
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)

Maverick107
Technical flight skills
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Re: Now available, the RC Eye One (RTF) Mini Quad

Post by Maverick107 » 16 Jun 2013, 07:27

Sounds good need to throw a few bucks on my card and i'll get one!

snookerd1206
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by snookerd1206 » 16 Jun 2013, 15:32

When are they planning on releasing the eye one x is the big question?

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 16 Jun 2013, 16:15

snookerd1206 wrote:When are they planning on releasing the eye one x is the big question?
I think you're referring to the RC Eye Extreme, which is a larger (9" prop to prop I think) quad RCLogger has been working on. I have been closely watching this one as well, because they will have an all in one FPV package to go along with it. The latest information I have is the Extreme will be released in September.

snookerd1206
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by snookerd1206 » 16 Jun 2013, 16:41

Wow they were posting ending of June I thought oh well guess I will wait as I have an sq-1 already but really would like the fpv feature it's definitely a worthy mini from all the reviews I have seen (the eye one). Thanks for the info

dragonash
Chased the cat

Post by dragonash » 31 Jul 2013, 21:40

hmm... pretty pricey for a mini quad. Whats the difference between this and other $30 mini quads?

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 31 Jul 2013, 22:19

dragonash wrote:hmm... pretty pricey for a mini quad. Whats the difference between this and other $30 mini quads?
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. :D

I tested 7 different mini quads in all before deciding to sell this one. From the technology and parts used, to the controls, to how well it hovers, how easily it's repaired, and the beating it can take, the RC Eye One stood out from the rest in every category. And this isn't solely my opinion. The reviews on the RCGroups forum back-up my statements as well.

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 31 Jul 2013, 22:22

I ordered mine.

This will be used as a trainer and to satisfy curious minds wanting to fly my AR Drone.

And also to: buzz my dog, hassle cats, scare off rabbits, and mess with drunken friends.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

AKCobra
Charged up again

Post by AKCobra » 15 Aug 2013, 15:59

Will you be carrying the One S as well? It's already listed as available on the RC Logger site so I'm guessing it should make it across the ocean soon. Curious as to how much of an upgrade it is over the original eye one.

Stone-D
Thinking of bearings

Post by Stone-D » 16 Aug 2013, 00:56

AKCobra wrote:Will you be carrying the One S as well? It's already listed as available on the RC Logger site so I'm guessing it should make it across the ocean soon. Curious as to how much of an upgrade it is over the original eye one.
New landing gear, 25% more power in sport (orange) mode, 2.4Ghz FHSS, and a few other things. As far as I'm aware there is nothing different in how they fly.

I've had mine for about a week now and I'm enjoying it. It's not as 'fun' as my Nano QX - maybe due to the extra price, so I"m more careful.

I tried strapping my Mobius ActionCam to it - overheated in 30 seconds. My 808 #16 should arrive today so I'll give that a shot.

@Garrock: Beginner mode is excellent for newbies. It's safer than the Nano QX's stability mode... very tame angles and probably only 50% throttle, at best. Attempting to the lift the Mobius failed in this setting, I had to switch to Sport to get it to take off at all.

Also, it is one noisy sumbitch.

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 16 Aug 2013, 17:36

AKCobra wrote:Will you be carrying the One S as well? It's already listed as available on the RC Logger site so I'm guessing it should make it across the ocean soon. Curious as to how much of an upgrade it is over the original eye one.
I will be. Just waiting for stock to arrive.

Aside from what Stone-D mentioned, the ability to switch modes from the controller, do flips and the battery timer beep function are all nice additions. But I agree, it doesn't really fly any "better" than the previous model.

Stone-D
Thinking of bearings

Post by Stone-D » 17 Aug 2013, 10:15

blorincz wrote:Aside from what Stone-D mentioned, the ability to switch modes from the controller, do flips and the battery timer beep function are all nice additions. But I agree, it doesn't really fly any "better" than the previous model.
How does that timer work, exactly? Does it start at connection, at take off, at Cthulhu's whisperings? I don't trust it, and I miss the timer on my DX7s when I fly it.

blorincz
Chased the cat

Post by blorincz » 19 Aug 2013, 05:27

Appears it starts on connection. Here are the intervals.

Alarm I : 4 min 1 x beep [3 sec pause], 1x beep [3 sec pause], 1 x beep [3 sec pause], 1 x beep
Alarm II : 5 min 2 x beep [3 sec pause], 2x beep [3 sec pause], 2 x beep [3 sec pause], 2 x beep
Alarm III : 6 min 3 x beep [3 sec pause], 3x beep [3 sec pause], 3 x beep [3 sec pause], 3 x beep
Alarm IV : 7 min 4 x beep [3 sec pause], 4x beep [3 sec pause], 4 x beep [3 sec pause], 4 x beep