A must for all ArDrone owners!

Mirumod, Macgyver, hull, cam, propeller, leg, cross, ball bearing mods... etc.
rginatl
Ready for take off
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A must for all ArDrone owners!

Post by rginatl » 11 Mar 2011, 18:36

Here is a link to that store, http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... world=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rginatl on 23 Jun 2012, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.

dante1
Spying is fun

Re: A must for all ArDrone owners!

Post by dante1 » 11 Mar 2011, 20:25

I think the Turnigy Nano Tech 1300mAh are very hard to beat as far as price and quality.
Turnigy Nano-Tech 1300-15minutes flight time---$11.56
No Name 1350-----------20minutes(hmm)-------$24.95

I'll stick to my Nano-Tech.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=11903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my $0.02
The MiruMod Wifi-Less Mod
"Bringing the AR Drone to new heights"
Ebay Link
Store

rginatl
Ready for take off

Post by rginatl » 11 Mar 2011, 20:45

This battery came ready "plug and play" as listed on ebay. I think the extra 5 minutes are definitely worth the extra $5 considering charging time. I just looked at the Hobby King website and they are in China. What about the plugs, are they the same as the drones? I added that battery to my cart and it shows EMS is $18.95 and takes about one and half weeks to get here & air mail $6 and takes one month???. Oh and they were also out of stock. The battery I purchased was shipped on Monday and I go it on Thursday. Oh and as for quality it seems fine with me.

I'm just really happy with my purchase and wanted to let you guys now about my good experience with it.

ShellDude
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by ShellDude » 11 Mar 2011, 23:16

Smells like spam... could be wrong but a first post pushing an eBay store is a smidge suspicious.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

rginatl
Ready for take off

Post by rginatl » 11 Mar 2011, 23:48

[quote="ShellDude"]Smells like spam... could be wrong but a first post pushing an eBay store is a smidge suspicious.

ShellDude, I can see how you could think that. No spam here... I don't even sell on ebay or now anyone that does, my wife did sell some books a couple of years ago. She said they were worth some money and thinking back on it I don't think they sold. I'm just excited about the battery I purchased and thought I would give that seller a good plug.

Mike

ShellDude
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by ShellDude » 12 Mar 2011, 02:00

Its all good... welcome to the "club"!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

dante1
Spying is fun

Post by dante1 » 12 Mar 2011, 02:37

rginatl wrote:This battery came ready "plug and play" as listed on ebay. I think the extra 5 minutes are definitely worth the extra $5 considering charging time. I just looked at the Hobby King website and they are in China. What about the plugs, are they the same as the drones? I added that battery to my cart and it shows EMS is $18.95 and takes about one and half weeks to get here & air mail $6 and takes one month???. Oh and they were also out of stock. The battery I purchased was shipped on Monday and I go it on Thursday. Oh and as for quality it seems fine with me.

I'm just really happy with my purchase and wanted to let you guys now about my good experience with it.
I know how exciting it could be to buy something and you want to try it out ASAP. But I live in Canada so I can wait for the batteries.
For a test, I added 3 batteries to my cart and standard shipping, came out to $46.00. Not too bad for 3 batteries. Changing the connectors takes a couple of minutes. And yes, they are backordered. I think that should tell you something about those batteries. They sell fast! Every month they get a new shipment and takes about a week before they sell out.

I am new to RC'ing and I have done my fair share of searches and found that Hobbyking.com has GREAT prices but if you live on the western hemisphere, you will need patience. But it's all worth it.

Enjoy your new battery but I am sure you will buy other batteries to test and compare.

Dante1
The MiruMod Wifi-Less Mod
"Bringing the AR Drone to new heights"
Ebay Link
Store

J. Dub
Ready for take off

Post by J. Dub » 18 Apr 2011, 09:51

What's the best battery currently?

welki
Just flips over

Post by welki » 18 Apr 2011, 14:39

Personally my 'must have' item is a small toothbrush head for cleaning the drone gears etc from dust....just thought id share that. =)

J. Dub
Ready for take off

Post by J. Dub » 30 Apr 2011, 08:37

J. Dub wrote:What's the best battery currently?
and still waiting for answer

borgqueenx
Thinking of bearings

Post by borgqueenx » 30 Apr 2011, 09:51

J. Dub wrote:
J. Dub wrote:What's the best battery currently?
and still waiting for answer
me to.

on ebay there is a 2250mah battery, but its big.
i have seen no single review about it.

the i-drone battery has about 15 minutes of flight time in hover mode, wich is pretty good.

i did my research and found out that currently the i-drone 1500mah is the best, wich also fits in perfectly in the standard battery hole.
I hope to see a review of the 2250mah battery soon, or from other batteries.

15 minutes of flight time with the i-drone. anyone else offers more?

drone
Thinking of bearings

Post by drone » 30 Apr 2011, 20:28

Im pretty happy with the original battery, maybe one with the same capacity but lighter.? ;-)

Candu
Made it over nextdoor

Post by Candu » 30 Apr 2011, 23:51

on ebay there is a 2250mah battery, but its big.
i have seen no single review about it.
I purchased one from:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... OU:CA:1123

It took over 6 weeks before it arrived at my door. It is 4 cm longer than the original battery. Actual dimension is 11cmx3.5cmx2.5cm. Weight is 185g compared to the original battery weight of 102g.

It comes with a connector that plugs into the ardrone directly. It will not fit into the battary slot but will fit under the outdoor hull albeit tight fit especially with the heavy gauge wires.

My intension was to used this battery to power my access point that I used to extend the flying range of the ardrone, but I did tried to fly with this battery to see how long I can hover with it.
P4300527.JPG
Unfortunately, the test was cut short at 16 minutes mark when I notice that the motors were really straining trying to keep the ardrone in a hover from the extra weight. I didn't want to risk damaging the motors. After I landed, all motors were a bit hot especially the right rear motor which is too hot to the touch. DroneControl showed that the battery still has 40% charge after I landed at 16 minutes. Which is unusually to see since my experience with the original battery was that it would show 50% a minute of so after take off.
P4300520.JPG
P4300522.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Konabob
Newcomer

Post by Konabob » 01 Jul 2011, 04:42

Hi Everybody,
I just got to try the 2250mAh batteries that I bought off eBay.
As mentioned in an earlier post, they are larger than the original battery, but they do fit.
The weight does seem to effect the flight dynamics. I plan to fiddle with the settings to see if I can find a happy medium.
The flight time on the 1st charge was over 25 minutes. It may improve after a few cycles.
I have only about 2 hours of flight time under my belt so I am still learning the basics but I plan to read through the posts on this forum and learn from you guys.
When i've done some more flight testing, I'll share the results.
Aloha,
Bob

dagobb
Newcomer

Post by dagobb » 08 Dec 2011, 21:25

I got a 2200mAh battery from Hobbyking. It is larger then the original battery but fits well under the drone's hull and almost 50g heavier.