ArDroneFlightPro problem for drone stabilisation

Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ArDroneFlightPro problem for drone stabilisation

Post by shawnf » 11 Sep 2013, 07:29

USB recording is definitely the same as FreeFlight and it's in HD 720.
If you don't have overlay recording enabled then local recording is also HD 720...same as FF.
If you have overlay recording enabled then you can use the record bitrate and/or device performance to set the recording quality, but it will only be 360.
I suggest reading my website as it describes the options http://www.meavydev.co.uk/ARDrone.html

macaman
Up and hovering
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by macaman » 17 Sep 2013, 09:07

wow thats for that link mate lookin intresting ... i like wifi ps3 controls DFP .. im looking at going full r/c soon.. just got my specktrum controlla.. i have no idea how im going to rec vid once i got r/c maybe mount nuda cam on drone..

tag bunny
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by tag bunny » 29 Dec 2013, 17:15

Stability must be a function of ultrasonic ranging and bottom camera. Although this is reasonable, I still had new batteries that HAD to be tried two weeks ago, and launched to a test hover over snowy ground. That seemed OK for a few seconds, then my drone took off, tearing through tree branches (missed!) then smashed into a chimney, unfortunately high above the ground.

Now the cross, props and gears are new and a test run indoors was fine, but outdoors is still covered with snow.

I suggest that issues affecting ranging and bottom camera imaging be checked for stability problems, and don't fly over snow.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 30 Dec 2013, 11:06

The drone uses ultrasonics for lower levels (below 3m?) to get its height, which is why it can fly into the ground when using a steep flight angle.
V2 drones do have a barometer for higher levels, but this doesn't have a fine accuracy, so not good close to the ground.

It also uses the bottom camera for drift calculations, which is why it won't be great over snow, or in low light, and will get blown away in the wind - it doesn't realise it's moving.

Of course the firmware also has some bugs where it can shoot into the sky (look for drone fly away threads). This used to be caused by the flight control service crashing and then the motors continue at full thrust... I lost a V1 drone due to this - it shot into the sky and then disappeared downwind, never to be seen again.