Moderator: shawnf

shawnf
Chased the cat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ARDrone Flight - Now supporting ARDrone 2

Post by shawnf » 02 Oct 2012, 16:34

Sorry, but no to both...
Check here if you want to know if there is an update, as I use the SDK call for version and I'm not going to get into caching as it requires a significant setup sequence.
Background running is partly down to Android killing of my app as it takes a lot of memory and it took a lot of effort to try and keep things going when preferences is launched... Parrot SDK is not happy about pause and resume!

3nslav3
Batterys getting low
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Post by 3nslav3 » 02 Oct 2012, 17:27

costing wrote:
Another feature request: can you let the application run in background for a while at least? I want to be able to check the repeater signal level (so opening the browser) while being far from the drone, better if the connection was not dropped while doing this :)
there is not really a need to check for the repeater signal,

when using a repeater:
-the wifi signal onscreen in ADRone flight indicates the link between the phone/tablet and the repeater
-the error rate (shown on screen) measures the amount of errors between the repeater and the drone (if you use a repeater that is)

this means that a lot of errors indicate a bad signal between the drone and the repeater ;) and that is the reason why this feature has been added

costing
Ready for take off

Post by costing » 02 Oct 2012, 20:19

Points taken, thanks a lot for your great app and your answers.

IIVII
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by IIVII » 02 Oct 2012, 22:18

Thanks Shawn , we truly appreciate your outstanding support . your app deserves a donation with each update ;)

Keep up the good work

IIVII

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 04 Oct 2012, 01:14

Just a quick thought... I was giving advice on how to use the video settings and noticed they're kinda split up

Some are here

And a couple more if you scroll down to the bottom

Maybe bring these all together just for the "user friendliness" factor

Just a thought... no need for an update for something like that but maybe included in a future update?

You're the reason why we fly Shawn... this app is number one... bar none
The iPhoneys are squalking about our ability to record to USB and device at the same time and record our flight data on an instantly accessible, finished video file... 8-) :lol:
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 04 Oct 2012, 07:28

I can look at moving them, as I guess extra options crept in, due to people asking for them ;)

I must admit I don't spend time looking at the other threads... only so much time in the day, but good to hear that Parrot are supporting their primary platform iOS well :)
Android has always been an after thought. It took them a long time to even consider support and the SDK never built properly... certainly not plug and build.
My guess is that they contract Android development to an external company and won't pay for support or updates ;)

3nslav3
Batterys getting low

Post by 3nslav3 » 04 Oct 2012, 09:05

some admin on the parrot boards:
our development team is currently focused on finalizing the AR Drone Academy, which is still a Beta version.
Android's support will come as soon as possible ...
same responce as usual :lol: but f*ck that, if it ever gets updated, we will still have the same old crappy freeflight app but with an extra function :lol:

ARDrone Flight on the other hand has even convinced some istuff users to make the switch to android ;) you deserve a medal Shawn!

IIVII
Just flips over

Post by IIVII » 04 Oct 2012, 19:22

Shawn

i was testing few v.1 frimwares today and i noticed with 1.11.5 non of the flight modes work except for the normal mode . i also noticed the yaw is disabled in all other modes even (Combined yaw-collective yaw active) which's my fav.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 05 Oct 2012, 00:09

It's possible that Parrot have broken combined yaw like they did for V2 Drones for the latest V1 firmware, as my V1 drone is still on 1.10.3.

Having said that, I know that the Absolute mode was working, so are you 100% certain that they don't work, or is it just combined yaw?

IIVII
Just flips over

Post by IIVII » 05 Oct 2012, 00:52

to be honest am not really sure , cuz i played with alot of settings on 4 different frimwares , but i do remember testing the 2 (Combined yaw-collective yaw) options and they sure didn't work . i hope it's an easy fix .

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 05 Oct 2012, 07:33

If they broke v1 like the V2 firmware then it might not be possible to fix.
For v2 combined yaw with yaw active, I have to simulate yaw by artificially saying that the compass heading is changing... this is probably a bug in the v2 firmware, as this field should only be active in absolute mode, but it sort of works. Without it, then the drone locks to north and yaw inputs have no effect.
If on the v1 drone, then you see combined yaw with yaw inputs active locking to what it thinks is north and yaw not working, then Parrot have broken combined yaw and there is no work around possible, as absolute mode doesn't exist in v1 firmware...
So possibly not at all easy to fix, as Parrot have to fix their firmware and you know how likely that is to happen ;)

IIVII
Just flips over

Post by IIVII » 06 Oct 2012, 00:45

Oh well another reason to roll back to 1.7.4/1.7.6 :)

btw. would you please add a confirmation box (OK/Cancel) for the default settings button , it's easy to accidently hit the (default settings) instead of (change settings) and lose all of the previous user settings.

shawnf
Chased the cat

Post by shawnf » 06 Oct 2012, 09:45

I've just uploaded v5.77.

I might have worked around combined yaw in 1.10.x and newer for v1 drones by changing the Parrot SDK slightly. At least I seemed to be able to use my yaw hack (which is a bit overshooty, but at least you can change direction) and it wasn't locked to North...

I've also raised the combined yaw as an issue (#157) with Parrot for them to ignore ;)

I also re-arranged the record items so they are closer together in the UI settings.

No I didn't do the OK on defaults... why?
Because I hate stupid nags with a passion! Oh are you sure you pressed the right button, yes of course I am, as I just pressed it, but are you really sure as it's going to do something.... yeeeeesss I am !!!... you get the idea ;)

I have never pressed the wrong option by mistake, as change is the first one on the list...

The only way I will ever put in a nag like this if I get a petition from lots... and I mean thousands... of people :)
My app, so in this case you'll have to live with it ;)

costing
Ready for take off

Post by costing » 06 Oct 2012, 13:40

I also did hit Defaults once by mistake... As this is not something one would usually do, how about putting it at the bottom of Change Settings page? Confirmations are indeed annoying, but smart placing is not ;)

In the same line of thought, Manage Profiles could be a subentry of Switch Profile...

As for Show Drone Location, if Autonomous Flight is not there, maybe it could be also removed from the main menu?

ScubaSteve
I've been hit!!

Post by ScubaSteve » 07 Oct 2012, 10:40

Hiya great app it's my much preffered software to fly with. One quick question is it possible to move or store mapsforge data on the external sd card. I don't like storing several hundred mb files on the device internal storage.
http://www.dronetec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << QuadMod RC Control for your Drone
http://www.facebook.com/dronetecgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << Like Us on Facebook