AR Drone 2.0 + PS4 controller + USB cable

iOS Apps and Games for the AR.Drone. General Android discussions.
ondrike
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

AR Drone 2.0 + PS4 controller + USB cable

Post by ondrike » 07 Nov 2014, 08:41

Hi all dronauts :)

new drone owner here

I'd like to ask what I'm doing wrong - I have AR Drone 2.0, PS4 controller and together connected with mirco USB cable (not bluetooth, because I don't have rooted android device)
I have placed all the buttons I need on the screen and save as profile, selected application to use with my profile, but when I start piloting only one working button is R2 :/
In input settings I have checked sixaxis controller.

Please help me guys !!!

Thanks

rangercaptain
Just flips over

Re: AR AR.Drone 2.0 + PS4 controller + USB cable

Post by rangercaptain » 07 Nov 2014, 21:59

The cable is only a charging cable. The PS3 and PS4 controllers are bluetooth only. You can use a wired controller and an emulator app. I use Bt/usb joycenter app and a logitech f310 wired controller.

The BT PS4 with a rooted phone and sixaxis app is the sweetest method by far.

Root that puppy!

Carlos
Newcomer

Post by Carlos » 11 Jun 2015, 10:58

Not sure if you've 'fixed your issue' but if you're for whatever reason looking for a new phone/upgrade at the moment you should consider the Sony Z3 or Z3 Compact - completely compatible with PS3 and PS4 controllers via bluetooth! Use an appropriate drone flying app with gampad mapping support (I use ARDrone Flight PRO) and you're off.

Sooooo nice. No need to root or anything. Get a Sony Game Mount for a PS4 controller as well (like £12) and you're completely set up - phone connected physically to the controller about 2" away and rotatable. I'd send a picture of my set up but I can't take a photo of my phone and controller, controlling my phone, with my phone.... :shock:

Carlos
Newcomer

Post by Carlos » 11 Jun 2015, 10:59

Probably doesn't help your situation, buts its an option!

DevilsReject78
Ready for take off
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Post by DevilsReject78 » 14 Sep 2017, 16:39

Can you explain this in detail i have the a.r 2.0 i dont not fly cuz i cannot usr my phone it's to hard.
All i want is to be able to use a controller i have flypad but can't use that. I can get the f310 but what's this about an emulator app? NO ROOTED PHONE GALAXY S7 EDGE I DONT WANNA BRICK MY PHONE.

rangercaptain wrote:
07 Nov 2014, 21:59
The cable is only a charging cable. The PS3 and PS4 controllers are bluetooth only. You can use a wired controller and an emulator app. I use Bt/usb joycenter app and a logitech f310 wired controller.

The BT PS4 with a rooted phone and sixaxis app is the sweetest method by far.

Root that puppy!