Accuracy of Filtered Gyro Values

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
vmesecher
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Accuracy of Filtered Gyro Values

Post by vmesecher » 09 Jul 2014, 16:01

Hello,

I am working on an application to use a Kalman Filter to accurately determine an x,y,z location for the AR.Drone 2.0 indoors.

My question is:
How accurate are the filtered gyro values received in NavData? Are they simply filtered on their own, and therefore susceptible to drift over time? Or are they filtered with the accelerometer values as well? Basicaly, am I able to just use the angle values given in navdata demo, or should I retrieve the filtered gyro values and estimate those in my Kalman Filter as well?

Also, along the same lines, for the linear velocities in navdata demo, what are the x and y axes for the AR.Drone? The sdk seems to indicate near the beginning that the x axis is along the front right rotor, and the y axis along the front left, but from my own testing, it seems as though they're actually oriented with the x value along the camera and the y axis perpendicular to that in the same horizontal plane. Can anyone confirm?

Thank you for your time.

yctmzjl
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Accuracy of Filtered Gyro Values

Post by yctmzjl » 27 Jun 2016, 05:00

Hello, vmesecher
Since you posted your question two years ago, I wonder whether you have solved your problem? I have the same question with you, but I feel at a loss. There is no detailed report on processed data. First of all, I have no idea on what xyz(axis) it is. Then I am wondering how to add kalman filter on the data I have. I need to recover location from sensors indoor. Do I need to add another sensors?