Ardrone2_PC_flight, one more PC control

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ardrone2_PC_flight, one more PC control

Post by 17919 » 13 Jun 2013, 13:23

obelix662000 wrote:
17919 wrote:Do you speak Russian?
Yes, send me PMs in Russian if you like.
On the form does not send a message in Russian. Do you have ICQ, mail agent, skype?

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 13 Jun 2013, 15:39

msharonov at gmail

Ready for take off

Post by 17919 » 13 Jun 2013, 16:43

obelix662000 wrote:msharonov at gmail
Last edited by 17919 on 13 Jun 2013, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 13 Jun 2013, 18:16

yes, could you please remove my email from your post to avoid spam robots.

Ready for take off

Post by 17919 » 13 Jun 2013, 21:16

obelix662000 wrote:yes, could you please remove my email from your post to avoid spam robots.
I there wrote. But to me have answered that I was mistaken. Write to me
Last edited by 17919 on 14 Jun 2013, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.

IIVII
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by IIVII » 14 Jun 2013, 00:41

after going through all the available PC apps for both V.1 & V.2 .. this's by far the best there is .. it's fast/light/stable .. and am really looking forward to see ( jet-style hud) or at least (battery/altitude/speed/Wifi signal) shown over the screen on the next update ..

one other thing .. is it possible to add Flight Mode option where u can combine collective yaw/roll .. like in the android app called (ArDrone Flight) !!

Thanks in advance ..

IIVII

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 14 Jun 2013, 05:50

here are some samples, weather is almost the same
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
video_00024.mp4 - controlled with logitech gamepad and Ardrone2_PC_flight
video_00004.mp4 - controlled with ardrone flight pro on a samsung tablet

the second one also demonstrates that ardrone 2 is capable of flying much higher than 100 meters (actually we climbed up to 140 meters in second video)

the connect|reconect|ctd issue might happen due to frequent and fast antenna polarization changes which occure due to erratic and fast movements

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 14 Jun 2013, 06:54

hipp-e wrote:here are some samples, weather is almost the same
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
video_00024.mp4 - controlled with logitech gamepad and Ardrone2_PC_flight
video_00004.mp4 - controlled with ardrone flight pro on a samsung tablet

the second one also demonstrates that ardrone 2 is capable of flying much higher than 100 meters (actually we climbed up to 140 meters in second video)

the connect|reconect|ctd issue might happen due to frequent and fast antenna polarization changes which occure due to erratic and fast movements
Great video, where is it? Do you use any wifi extender?
I've almost finished debug version to trace possible joystick and connection problems. Also I am going to add WiFi indicator. I need to test this new version with my ar drone this weekend before to make it available.

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 15 Jun 2013, 16:02

i'm using tp-link TL-WN7200ND hi gain wifi adapter with d-link ANT24-1200 antenna and a notebook with some intel wifi onboard - using this config i get the same power level (or even more) as a router provides, i don't need to power-up any routers or smth, and i can choose what to use to control the drone (joystick with your software, or android tab with ardrone flight pro).
using free version of "connectify hotspot" to bridge wifi adapters in the notebook - so using the long-range one to connect to the drone, and integrated adapter to connect to the pad - works like a charm, but you need to be careful about signal strenght on the notebook screen
relatively low cost and hassle free solution if you have a notebook

max range (horizontal) (b4 modifying drone antenna) was 335 meters - didn't try the wheel antenna range after modification yet

it was recorded in balashikha, 7 km from moscow mkad

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 17 Jun 2013, 17:18

Version 2.0 is available here:
http://msh-tools.com/ardrone/ardrone2_pc_flight.zip
1. WiFi indicator is added, heading and sort-of compass indicator
2. Improved stability (no app. crashes (I hope)) and ability to restore operation after signal lost.
3. Flight setting menu is available without video.
3. Hidden "debug" menu (click any screen control button 3 times within 0.5 sec and the menu will appear)
During the weekend I made many low-signal-range flights trying to figure out what happening when signal is lost. Now the problem is more less clear, I fixed something but still working on better algorithm (the most difficult part is the behavior depends on the computer).
IIVII wrote: to see ( jet-style hud) or at least (battery/altitude/speed/Wifi signal) shown over the screen on the next update ..
one other thing .. is it possible to add Flight Mode option where u can combine collective yaw/roll .. like in the android app called (ArDrone Flight) !!
I was thinking to add indicators to the srceen, but unfortunately its not that simple, there are 2 ways: a) I can overlay image to the video, but since my program uses sizable screen when size changes the overplayed image looks horrible and unsharp. b) I can overlay some indicators with semitransparent window over the video, unfortunately this does not work on some computers (depends on video card). Briefly, I dont know universal solution. collective yaw/roll I'm going to add in the next updates, this is simple.

hipp-e, I did not find any joystick problems, try debug mode (just send me joystick log) to see if it helps. No need to fly, just click "start control" and move joystick in several directions.

IIVII
Just flips over
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by IIVII » 18 Jun 2013, 15:24

Thanks .. downloaded and will try it out later on tonight .. keep up the good work ..

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 19 Jun 2013, 11:26

Really appreciate your work here mate !
will try to test both joysticks as soon as possible and will send you the logs.
if the weather will be fine on the weekend - will test the stability with weak wifi signal over long distance.

about the hud thing - maybe some inhouse perfomance tests will clear the situation
both methods are mostly ok, but instead of semi-transparent window maybe it's better to add a couple dozens of pixels to the lower panel, just to consume some cpu power ?
i know that the hud will look better and more useful , but the perfomance test is definitely needed. I have multiple several computers in my environment - from oldest pIII to the modern i7 with 24 gbs of memory - i think the hud implementation will punish everything thats weaker than p4 coreDuo 2.0

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 19 Jun 2013, 22:28

Thank. Seems I found a way how to overlay semitransparent windows (similar to ar drone flight pro) that works on any computer. I also redesigned all the sockets, should be better. I'll test all the improvements on the weekends. Also I've order GPS flight recorder, mostly to use it as go-to-home feature and have a coordinates of lost drone ( most important, I've already lost one). Many things to go.

obelix662000
Up and hovering

Post by obelix662000 » 25 Jun 2013, 02:17

Version 3.1 is available here:
http://msh-tools.com/ardrone/ardrone2_pc_flight.zip
1)on screen display (see "display" menu)
2)combined yaw (see "joystick page")
3) new sockets.

hipp-e
Ready for take off

Post by hipp-e » 26 Jun 2013, 12:40

did some tests last evening
ctd's are gone - tested with 3 batteries and 100 meters approx. height - reconnects are fast and stable now.
Wifi indicator is mostly ok also. I'm still very hungry for altitude limit by the way :-) (this could be done, absolutely sure, tested with ardrone flight pro - keeps climbing after 150 meters, drone is absolutely silent and you cannot see it already - so it's a little bit scary)
And here are the bad news - controls are the same - if i set the max limit to the half - there seems no difference between 10% and 100% joystick axis movement reaction - it's the same (altitude|yaw axis is working a bit better)
it's a pain in the ... to video-capture it, but believe me - there is a problem
you set the max speed - you'll get a puke video
min speed - you'll loose your drone (because you can't do anything with the wind)