Nokia/Symbian devices can now enjoy the AR.Drone

Parrot SDK, Linux SDK, Java, PC, Mac, scripts for Parrot drones... etc.
Symon
Site Admin
Drone Type: Jumping Sumo

Nokia/Symbian devices can now enjoy the AR.Drone

Post by Symon » 16 May 2011, 20:11

YES! You read right.

There is a publicly available application for Symbian OS.

http://projects.forum.nokia.com/ardrone

Similar layout to iOS, but whilst having slight changes.

Not only that, but if you want to develop an app further, then don't worry, they(Nokia) have all the info on their site(URL above)

:)

TVH7
Ready for take off

Re: Nokia/Symbian devices can now enjoy the AR.Drone

Post by TVH7 » 22 May 2011, 12:45

Nice .. !!

Its good for the reputation hope there will be more drones! So I can battle with other players!

Update :
I have treid it mm I like my ipad2 better...

paulie420
Ready for take off

Post by paulie420 » 23 May 2011, 02:27

Great find, and I have a friend with a compatible device... now you know I have to fly with it.

Lol.

mf25053
Just flips over

Post by mf25053 » 25 May 2011, 15:56

you can't even download the software without the N8, C7 or E7.

the C7 and E7 seem to be very similar in hardware to the iphone 3G while the N8 is closer to a 3GS

The older and similar N97 which is close to the original iphone in hardware specs is a no go.

Waiting on an N8 and C7 to show up from one of our other offices for some "testing" on other stuff... kind of

This also leads me to a strange thought. Nokia is switching to windows 7 phone, which natively supports ad-hoc wireless. Nokia developed their own app for symbian. so how soon till we see microsoft's phones flying the drone?

manfromthesouth22
Newcomer

Post by manfromthesouth22 » 17 Aug 2011, 12:37

Hi guys,

So I really wanted to buy an AR.Drone, seeing as I've read it is possible to control it with my N8. I have the app, downloaded it from Ovi Suite. Went to the shop to test-fly, and it seems as if the Drone connects, but then an error occurs that says the drone is not responding.

The drone was on firmware 1.7.4, whilst the app requested 1.4.7. Is this the problem? Is there a way to fix this? Is there an update for the symbian app?

Cheers

CTaddey
Just flips over

Post by CTaddey » 17 Aug 2011, 22:39

mf25053 wrote: This also leads me to a strange thought. Nokia is switching to windows 7 phone, which natively supports ad-hoc wireless. Nokia developed their own app for symbian. so how soon till we see microsoft's phones flying the drone?
With the new WiFi AP mode firmware release, you should be able to connect from any phone that has wifi and you have a way to install your own app. This includes Windows 7.
I never saw a W7 phone, but I bet you can put some java runtime on it and try the java client that MAPGPS coded.
I was going to try it on my PSP, but some things got in the way, but I will do it now that is really easy with the new FW.

tuxette
Ready for take off

Post by tuxette » 16 Sep 2011, 02:14

manfromthesouth22 wrote:So I really wanted to buy an AR.Drone, seeing as I've read it is possible to control it with my N8. I have the app, downloaded it from Ovi Suite. Went to the shop to test-fly, and it seems as if the Drone connects, but then an error occurs that says the drone is not responding.

The drone was on firmware 1.7.4, whilst the app requested 1.4.7. Is this the problem? Is there a way to fix this? Is there an update for the symbian app?
That's a problem; anyone knows if the Symbian app is keeping up with firmware developments yet? I have an N8 too, and two 1.7.4 Drones (broken, but yeah...)

MojoTojo
Just flips over

Post by MojoTojo » 16 Sep 2011, 09:54

well it's been MONTHS since Nokia app was updated.. i think they totall forgot about it already :( boohooo.. i might have to downgrade to 1.4.7 just to enjoy my drone w/ my N8 :( sucks.. im leaving Nokia soon. goin android.. hmmm

nauseum
Ready for take off

Post by nauseum » 02 Jan 2012, 04:24

I attempted this, same problems.. got the n8 out of the drawer, charged it up, installed app, failed,, no connection, or connection then "not responding" .. that resolved the N8 resurrection hopes for me... back in the drawer..

Kelly Sweet
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by Kelly Sweet » 02 Mar 2014, 08:52

Waiting on an N8 and C7 to show up from one of our other offices for some "testing" on other stuff... kind of

ElmerBeser
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Nokia/Symbian devices can now enjoy the AR.AR.Drone

Post by ElmerBeser » 14 Nov 2014, 09:45

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of cell phone signal jammer blocker as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.