AR Drone 2 carring case options

Router, repeater (extender), GPS unit, antenna, tablet, FPV goggle, HD battery, charger, carrying case... etc.
digitalmouse
Newcomer
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

AR Drone 2 carring case options

Post by digitalmouse » 30 Oct 2017, 09:42

At this point eBay sells camera backpacks disguised as AR Drone backpacks with Velcro dividers, and several former producers of AR Drone-specific hard shell cases appear to be continuously 'out of stock'.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for commercially available AR Drone 2-compatible carrying cases? Otherwise I may have to make one myself out of something like a Pelican hard case.

solaris8x86
Thinking of bearings
Drone Type: Bebop 2

Re: AR Drone 2 carring case options

Post by solaris8x86 » 02 Nov 2017, 02:55

digitalmouse wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 09:42
At this point eBay sells camera backpacks disguised as AR Drone backpacks with Velcro dividers, and several former producers of AR Drone-specific hard shell cases appear to be continuously 'out of stock'.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for commercially available AR Drone 2-compatible carrying cases? Otherwise I may have to make one myself out of something like a Pelican hard case.
I was just like you. Got a professional case for my old AR Drone 2 and Bebop drones. Soon or later, I found out it was totally unnecessary and doesn't make sense because the case was even more heavier than the drone itself. And most drone case are "tailer made" by the modeler. For myself, I got a thin, lightweight camera equipment case for my Bebop 2 considering the portability. I tailored the foam all by myself. And I now have a very lightweight but safe case for my drone. Pelican those types are too heavy.
Advancing Bebop 2 to Router Mod with deep explanation: http://youtu.be/cumh4VZonVE
Bebop 2 Flight Record #0010 Finale (must watch): http://youtu.be/1pNyMSKwWaQ