Login to disable ads!

Disappointing Product and Service

The Parrot Mambo minidrone is full of surprises! Whether you equip it with the Cannon or the Grabber, it'll turn the sky into an amazing playground.
BarnyRud
Newcomer
Drone Type: Mambo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Disappointing Product and Service

Post by BarnyRud » 31 Jan 2019, 20:39

For Xmas 2018 was gifted a Mambo, I was overjoyed and excited. Sadly this positivity last about a week.

Whilst flying around my house something happened to my drone whilst in FPV and she went down from about 4ft to land on a carpeted area. When I got to my drone to check it out and take off again a rotor wasn’t working.

I got in touch with Parrot Customer services.

After asking me to complete various questionaires, send photos, videos, proof of purchase and then another questionnaire, I was told my warranty didn’t cover the problem as it had suffered a “hard landing”. They told me I would either need to pay for it to be sent back and repaired, or buy the parts myself to fix it (MacGyver I am not...) So I asked the contact to explain what “hard landing” meant, reiterating this product was being flown around the inside of a domestic environment only 4ft from the ground. I had sent them video proving this btw.
Their response was to tell me it had been escalated to their customer services team, I wondered who I had been speaking to......
Another week later and I get an email from a generic customer services email address, no names or sign off, telling me my warranty was void because I’d been flying over water!!
The only water involved were the tears of my frustration.

Nearly a month ago my product failed, and I’ve had nothing of use from this company at all. I don’t expect perfection, but I do expect a reasonable level of customer service when I invest in their product.
Even if this does, by some bizarre magical turn of events, get resolved and my Mambo repaired; I can’t see me EVER using this company again.

And too those who would consider buying their products, I’m sure the chances of this happening to you are minuscule. But just know that it can and has happened to others, that the customer experience after purchase was extremely poor, and that they really don’t seem to be bothered about being perceived this way.

As for me?!, well my birthday is coming up soon. I think it’s time to investigate DJI and how they treat customers.

Dirk_ANAFI
Up and hovering
Drone Type: Anafi

Re: Disappointing Product and Service

Post by Dirk_ANAFI » 01 Feb 2019, 12:22

I can understand your frustration!
Parrot has no repair service, but offers nearly all spareparts for Mambo.
If you compare with DJI lets say a Tello, then it's the same: no repair service, only a few spareparts.

So that happened to you: frustrating! But it's not Parrot or DJI.