Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Read the latest news and announcements.
garrock
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2

Re: Apple AppStore pulls AR.FreeFlight 2.0

Post by garrock » 10 Apr 2013, 15:25

It would be good to see the actual patent infringement claim to see if Parrot has a Patent Troll nagging them.

Patent Trolls are getting way out of hand.

One of the first things President Obama did when in office was to sign a patent "reform" bill.

It is now First to File instead of First to Invent.
This heavily favors patent trolls and large corporations as they can set around all day and use the latest CAD tools and software to whip out ideas to patent.

Not in the favor of small business (and tax payers) in the least.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

AR.Tommy
Charged up again
Drone Type: Bebop

Post by AR.Tommy » 10 Apr 2013, 17:17

sibartlett wrote:Parrot have finally made an official statement... http://blog.parrot.com/2013/04/08/state ... s-devices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
At least something official. Thank you for sharing. :|
http://www.digitalsirup.com

Sweet and delicious apps for your drones.

pbody2013
Serious flight time

Post by pbody2013 » 10 Apr 2013, 19:06

sibartlett wrote:Parrot have finally made an official statement... http://blog.parrot.com/2013/04/08/state ... s-devices/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, thanks for the info.
"It seems to be flying alright, but it's making a funny noise"

DBS
I've been hit!!
Drone Type: DISCO

Post by DBS » 10 Apr 2013, 22:17

OK... If we just put everything else aside for a minute... It just astounds me that parrot can't remove a couple features from an app and release a statement along with a new version of their app quickly to keep their customers happy and informed... They never cease to underwhelm me with their lack of customer support :|
WORLD RECORD Phantom 4 flight CLICK HERE
WORLD RECORD Matrice 600 flight CLICK HERE

sibartlett
Ready for take off

Post by sibartlett » 10 Apr 2013, 22:48

DroneBonerStallone wrote:OK... If we just put everything else aside for a minute... It just astounds me that parrot can't remove a couple features from an app and release a statement along with a new version of their app quickly to keep their customers happy and informed... They never cease to underwhelm me with their lack of customer support :|
Totally agree. In situations like this responsiveness and transparency go a long way.

rog0978
Newcomer

Post by rog0978 » 11 Apr 2013, 20:14

I guess this also explains why the Absolute Control option in the Android App's settings suddenly cannot be enabled anymore...

pbody2013
Serious flight time

Post by pbody2013 » 12 Apr 2013, 04:25

There's been a lot of discussion in the "community" and I've done my share of posting on this, but when it comes to actual functionality of any of these apps I could give two craps if AC is gone. I stopped using AC within 2 weeks so if it's gone it's no matter to me. I know it has it's uses though, down ranging and for new flyers or a change of pace. That being an entirely individual thing of course. The issue I see with the whole deal is Parrots atrocious handling of this and the removal of the 2 best iOS apps. I'd venture a guess that most who have or want Drone Control/Drone Ace would be more than happy to have them back sans accelerometer/AC mode. Does anyone buy either of those two to use AC?

nullomorph
Ready for take off

Post by nullomorph » 12 Apr 2013, 08:52

sibartlett wrote: Totally agree. In situations like this responsiveness and transparency go a long way.
On the other hand, in legal disputes, issuing a statement too early can easily get you into even more trouble. Parrot are an European company, and not a very big one at that. US legal culture is quite different from what they are used to, and I'm not at all surprised that getting sued in the US left them paralyzed for a while. They needed to get stateside legal help and information before even knowing whether it was safe to issue a statement about the situation.

sibartlett
Ready for take off

Post by sibartlett » 12 Apr 2013, 16:34

nullomorph wrote:
sibartlett wrote: Totally agree. In situations like this responsiveness and transparency go a long way.
On the other hand, in legal disputes, issuing a statement too early can easily get you into even more trouble. Parrot are an European company, and not a very big one at that. US legal culture is quite different from what they are used to, and I'm not at all surprised that getting sued in the US left them paralyzed for a while. They needed to get stateside legal help and information before even knowing whether it was safe to issue a statement about the situation.
Yes, I am aware about the risks of issuing a statement too soon. But I'm sure they could've made a statement with very bare minimum info. Even if it was a statement which acknowledged that the FreeFlight app is unavailable due to reasons that they can not disclose at present, providing alternative solutions, and a pledge that they are working hard to bring FreeFlight back to the App Store.

pbody2013
Serious flight time

Post by pbody2013 » 12 Apr 2013, 18:27

sibartlett wrote:
nullomorph wrote:
Yes, I am aware about the risks of issuing a statement too soon. But I'm sure they could've made a statement with very bare minimum info. Even if it was a statement which acknowledged that the FreeFlight app is unavailable due to reasons that they can not disclose at present, providing alternative solutions, and a pledge that they are working hard to bring FreeFlight back to the App Store.

Exactly. Good points on both.