USA
StarManta
Ready for take off
Drone Type: AR.Drone 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Columbus, OH

Post by StarManta » 24 Jan 2013, 05:16

Anyone in central Ohio? I have yet to see another AR.Drone in person, and my little friend is lonely....

garrock
I've been hit!!

Re: Columbus, OH

Post by garrock » 24 Jan 2013, 05:49

Clintonville through the week (mostly).
And Southern Ohio on weekends (mostly).
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

jgvohio
Newcomer

Post by jgvohio » 25 Jan 2013, 23:13

Just bought mine. Live in Powell.

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 26 Jan 2013, 05:05

Would you guys be interested in a small gathering (possibly a regular gathering) of drone flyers in Columbus? All my searches for RC aviation clubs and the like have come up with (at best) websites that haven't been updated in years.... my normal solution to a problem like that is to basically just make one.

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 26 Jan 2013, 16:01

Perhaps we can first do a Skype as this weather has us grounded.
DroneMod.com --- Worlds first two-drone system: Repeater-Helper and Camera-Worker drones ! --- http://www.REDbirdRF.com

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 27 Jan 2013, 05:35

Well, I'm in no particular rush to plan the get-together if weather is not conducive. Earlier weather reports had the nastiness clearing up by Tuesday but it looks like that won't happen now. So let's wait until a favorable forecast to plan anything.

At Ease
Ready for take off

Post by At Ease » 29 Jan 2013, 02:32

Man, and even Garrock :twisted: is an Ohio'an! Fantastic! I would love to get together when the weather warms and it's dry. I live in Sunbury. And by the way, The Central Ohio R.C. club has a flight location in Centerburg, Ohio about 8-12 miles North of Sunbury Just before you get to a private airport. Also a lot of R'C'rs fly out of Alum Creek. I'm not a member but have stopped in on several weekends and watched them fly :roll:

Man, talk about a Blessing! :D I just bought a Linksys WRT54G V8 with dd-WRT and for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get it programed. Unlike some of you, I have NO IDEA what I am doing and cant speak acronym. :lol: :lol:

This would be great to connect with some other like minded Droanians. I just bought a carry case on e-bay that some of you might be interested in a Zero (brand) 21 x 17 x 8 (inches) Room for everything. $19.00 plus shipping :idea:

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 29 Jan 2013, 11:27

This is starting to look like a party.

It looks that the weather will be getting a bit nicer mid-next week. While keeping the plans tentative dependent on weather forecasts, would you guys be able to have a gathering then? What time would be good for everyone? Afternoon, evening?

At Ease
Ready for take off

Post by At Ease » 29 Jan 2013, 14:45

Almost anytime during the daylight hours as my walker don't have any lights and no slush as my walker wheels get stuck in the mud :lol: :lol: Nothing before 9:00 A.M and after 8:00 P.M. as I am an old man :cry:

Actually week days are better for me since I am retired and the wife would like me out of the house anyway.

With you in Columbus (area), and Someone in Dublin, Clintonville, and Sunbury, probably somewhere between'st us all would be great.

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 29 Jan 2013, 20:03

Seems like Clintonville or Worthington would be our best bets for a central location for the four of us. There's gotta be a decent place in Worthington to fly, right?

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 29 Jan 2013, 20:34

Park of Roses along the Olentangy River in Clintoniville has a big open field area with no WiFi interference. (my phone app WiFi analyzer detects one channel down at -95db.)

kingbtheone
Battery Charged
Drone Type: AR.Drone

Post by kingbtheone » 30 Jan 2013, 00:09

<- Cleveland

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 02 Feb 2013, 01:51

Wednesday is starting to look pretty promising, weather-wise. It's still chilly (topping out at around 40ºF) but no rain and no wind in the evening. Sun sets just before 6:30, we should fly a bit before then.... maybe meet at 5:30 PM? How does that sound to everyone?

Based on the temperature, we should choose somewhere that has a (heated!) indoor area nearby to relax in the downtime. Garrock, I see some sort of building at that park you mentioned; is that building open to the public, do you know? If not, what other locations might we choose?

StarManta
Ready for take off

Post by StarManta » 06 Feb 2013, 21:43

My ride is probably not going to be available to bring me up to this after all.

garrock
I've been hit!!

Post by garrock » 06 Feb 2013, 22:01

That building is a not as close you as might think.. as far as walking distance wo were you'd fly in that field.